Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I had purchased the clear corner and bumber lights for my sedan. Its been raining a hella lot here in Florida lately. Now Ive noticed the inside of 2 of my aftermarket clear lights are fogged up with water on the inside? Any suggestions? Its killing the look of my car when you have 1 foggy clear corner light on one side and another foggy clear bumber light on the other. whats the problem are the clear lights just not sealed correctly?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Just dry them out and see of you can reseal them better yourself. Try putting some silicone or seomthing along the sealed edges. While people will no doubt have no problem with their corners, this is a common problem with the aftermarket clear corners for the Legend. They are all made by APC no matter where you buy them from, so since some people don't have a problem, it is eather they are lucky or poor quality control by APC.

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im in Orlando around the UCF area. The clear corners were cheap. E-bay bebe. I believe they are both from Pro-car parts.com they only cost me like $25-30 for the top ones and about the same for the bottom ones. I ll just wait till all this rain stops and the insides start to dry out to re-seal them better. Peace

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same problem with my clear bumper lenses. I took them out and cleaned them with an soaking cloth wrapped around a screw driver and i put some silicone (from home depot) around the light bulb's base before putting they back on and i trimmed off excess silicone. After doing this, it rained in houston for about a week and i never had the problem again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.