Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!, Im new to the forum but I been browsing for some time.... a month ago I made my custom CAI for my 91 ls sedan using the instructions from this very forum, well sort of. I have the filter in the fog hole runing to the factory pipe that runs to the TB using flexible tube. I covered up the fog hole with mesh grill that fits just right and had it color matched. my only worry is going through a water pod or rain, beacuse the car is low and the filter is about 5" off the ground, but where I live is alwas like 100 degress and it never f*cking rains hard or to the point that the streets get flooded...........till last night. The **** parking lot from work got flooded to the point that my filter got really wet, and I dont have the by pass valve, so I took my CAI off and drove home with just the piping that goes to the TB to the filter box. This mornig I checked the oil and you can see little bubbles in the oil dipstick!!!!!!!!!! could that water in the engine?
the car still starts fine but I havent driven it since. Should I change the oil right away????????????????
Sorry for such a long explination!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Most likely foam in the oil (old oil tends to foam). Best way to tell if theres excess h20 in your oil is to drain the oil and see if its millky. In any event its after-the-facts, just change the oil/filter and get yourself a bypass filter. Most likely you avoided hydro-lock this time, but I could be mistaken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.