Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
LoL, I just noticed that today too, I got out of my car, as I was walking away I noticed water dripping from the bottom! I panicked and looked, it's just water, and water levels seem fine, I had the AC on all the way, and it was pretty hot, my dad said, yeah it's probably just the A/C when I saw it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yup...Water dripping when AC is running is very normal on every car.

When you see something dripping like that...just look under and if it feels like water, and looks like water (and if you're that paranoid, tastes like water), then you are fine.

Now if it's brownish colored and smells burned...then you got a problem, like trans fluid or oil or whatever.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
jrock7791 said:
Please do not take offense to this but how long have you been driving cars?? Condensation is what you are seeing like a glass of ice tea on a hot day.
I've been driving my car for 4months, that's why I never noticed it before. The previous car I had was a 90 Legend, and the AC never worked on that. Also, I usually park my car on a slope on my driveway, so I can't see underneath, that day I parked it farther back on even ground, and noticed it right away.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Ha, I've wondered this also...Didn't know if something was up with my car...Ya, I've had my vents have condensation before, anyone else had this? Thanks..

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I have another question similar to this. I always notice this girl that I know well turns her AC completely off right before she turns the car off. Is there a reason for this? What does this help out or prevent? Does it just save freon? Thankyou.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Matt Whelan said:
I have another question similar to this. I always notice this girl that I know well turns her AC completely off right before she turns the car off. Is there a reason for this? What does this help out or prevent? Does it just save freon? Thankyou.
You should actually let the fans blow on the evaporator to dry up any condensation. If not, you may get that smelly A/C :eek:
Turn off A/C and leave fans on (middle button :p).

No freon is used per se, your A/C is a closed system, so the only way to "use some up" (I read this to mean to be consumed or loose) is for a leak to be present.

She probably doesn't want to get into a meat locker in the morning - you know what happens when girlies get cold - could be embarassing. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.