Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the engine code for the type 2 engine?

(ex. i think the code for the type 1 is c32a)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i read on this honda/acura page like 5 minutes ago that i just found that the code is c32a5 ?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Hurleysurf24 said:
i read on this honda/acura page like 5 minutes ago that i just found that the code is c32a5 ?
In my OEM Honda Helm service manual the TYPE I and TYPE II are listed simply as C32A1. I have never heard of a C32A5 before. I have heard of the C32A2 for the G1 TL I believe, but never a C32A5.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
than how do you tell the difference between which is which ?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Hurleysurf24 said:
than how do you tell the difference between which is which ?
The intake manifold has a TYPE II plaque on it. Even if someone was to remove the TYPE II plaque, the intake manifold was machined down to make a flat surface for the plaque, so you will be able to see the TYPE II plaque mounting spot. Also, if you see a TCS unit, than you can automatically assume it is a TYPE II since it is the only eninge that has it. However, the 93-95 L Coupes also use a TYPE II but no TCS, you can't dismiss a TYPE II just because it doesn't ahve TCS.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
but how can i tell buy looking at the engine code in a catalog? would i have to call them up and ask them ?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
"but how can i tell buy looking at the engine code in a catalog? would i have to call them up and ask them ?"

The Type II motor is C32A1.
The only way to tell in your case, is to 1), find out if they can tell you what year car it came from (93-95 coupe, or 94-95 GS sedan for Type II; 91-95 Type I for all L and LS sedans and 91-92 coupes and sedans ALL are Type I).
2) ask them to look on the manifold as we have described before.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hurleysurf24 said:
but how can i tell buy looking at the engine code in a catalog? would i have to call them up and ask them ?
There would be no need to tell them that you own a Type I or a Type II unless you were replacing Internal Engine Components or external parts that are used internally like the Intake Manifold and Valve Covers. The only thing they need to know is if it is made for TCS or made for no TCS (this is pertaining much to intake). An aftermarket header, if you could find it (most likely custom made) wouldn't make a difference it if it was Type I or Type II. Another thing that would matter is if you wanted to convert from 5-speed to 6-speed transmission. You'd need a new ECU that handles the 6-speed and those go with Type II motors. Perhaps another thing that would matter is if you did a Dinan/Bayou Chip Upgrade, but other than that, there's no need for any specifics of Type I versus Type II. Practically all of the parts are interchangeable. Just ask any one who has a Hybrid vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts