Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Basic Steps

I recommend wahing it well first, then dry it. I like using Liquid Glass (its in a gold/white tin can with a 50's style red corvette on the front). This is more of a polish I think and it easy for apply and remove. Real Nice Shipe.

What color is your car?

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Roger said:
dont use liquid glass!!! it is bad for your car in the long run i mean first of all why would u use a highly flammable product on your car?..........use zaino
Its all subjective I guess. I've been using that for years on all my cars. Leaves no scratches, abrasions,nicks, etc... OK I sound like a salesman now. LOL

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here's a tutorial:
http://www.mothers.com/carcare/carcare.html

You don't have to use their products though. It just gives you an idea of the steps involved and when to use certain products.

A lot of folks here use Zaino products, here's their web site you can order from them(I think this is the only place you can get their products):
http://www.zainobros.com

I recently received my order from them but I haven't used it yet so I can not comment on the results.

Currently for a polish I use Meguiars Show Car Glaze. I really like Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow Wax... it's really easy to work with.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
MC_ said:
Zaino is good stuff...

****!!!! Hey MC. I put my face to my monitor and I think I saw my reflection just from the pic you posted!!! LOL. :p .

That Zaino is good stugg, huh?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I use Zymol...the light blue stuff. it works great! very easy to apply and EASIER to rub off. even after 2 car washes u can still feel the smoothness.

·
Registered
847 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
I use Zymol...the light blue stuff. it works great! very easy to apply and EASIER to rub off. even after 2 car washes u can still feel the smoothness.
hmmm... weired... I've tried Zymol before and the shine never lasted more than a week... Of all the wax I've tried, Zaino is clearly the best:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Electric Buffers?

Do any of you find that you get better results with the electric buffer than you get by doing it by hand? I was considering getting an electric buffer but I'd rather here from you guys to see if there's a difference.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Re: Electric Buffers?

whiplash9001 said:
Do any of you find that you get better results with the electric buffer than you get by doing it by hand? I was considering getting an electric buffer but I'd rather here from you guys to see if there's a difference.
with Zaino, you don't need that... In fact, Zaino recommand against it since it uses too much wax and has to be done professionally. Zaino is a simple wipe on and wipe off product.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I disagree, this is the single most important investment I ever made. I use zaino with the porter cable buffer. Its it necessary to use one with zaino - no. But zaino is just a polish, if the paint is dirty, oxidized or full of swirl marks zaino will not be able to remove them but the buffer will. I use the porter cable DA buffer. I could never achieve these results by hand. Most swirl marks are caused by people waxing or polishing their cars by hand.

Anyone can use this buffer, its a dual action orbital and will not burn the paint. You just need to know what type of cleaners, waxes and pads to use. This is the hardest question and there no "right answers". Everyone prefers something different but most people use either 3M, Meguire, Zaino, P21S, Klasse or Blitz. Overtime you will find the right combo for your car.

You will be amazed at what this buffer can do. I would avoid the rotary buffers as these are for the professionals and they can burn the paint very easily.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thats a very good question. I also have been wondering about that, and what has avoided me from buying one is the fact that i might burn the paint. Is it easy to accidently burn the paint?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: Electric Buffers?

whiplash9001 said:
I've never had a lot of luck with buffers. Perhaps I'm just in-ept.

I used to use Mother's liquid carnuba wax because it was easy to work with. Last year I switched to Meguiars Hi-Tech yellow wax because it was even easier to work with.

I've recently just purchased Zaino but I haven't used it yet. I have yet to read anything bad about it either.

·
Registered
126 Posts
go the sales talk!

MC_ said:
I disagree, this is the single most important investment I ever made. I use zaino with the porter cable buffer. Its it necessary to use one with zaino - no. But zaino is just a polish, if the paint is dirty, oxidized or full of swirl marks zaino will not be able to remove them but the buffer will. I use the porter cable DA buffer. I could never achieve these results by hand. Most swirl marks are caused by people waxing or polishing their cars by hand.

Anyone can use this buffer, its a dual action orbital and will not burn the paint. You just need to know what type of cleaners, waxes and pads to use. This is the hardest question and there no "right answers". Everyone prefers something different but most people use either 3M, Meguire, Zaino, P21S, Klasse or Blitz. Overtime you will find the right combo for your car.

You will be amazed at what this buffer can do. I would avoid the rotary buffers as these are for the professionals and they can burn the paint very easily.
Now you is sounding like a sales man. How much kick back you get for that? :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts