Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just finished the airbox and Intake combo..
We have them in stock now.. and im sure that you all know what this set-up does..

If not:
This is a Cold Airbox which encloses the filter from the Warm engine heat.. Hence making the intake noise lower and the performance better..

It's made of Aluminum. And fits the G2's with or without TCCS..
( Traction Control )....

IF you already have a WEAPON*R INTAKE this COLD AIRBOX will fit your intake pipe..

If not compair with someone who does and see if it is the same but im sure most styles of this intake pipe are the same..

The Airbox alone cost $175 .. If you get the intake with the Airbox it comes as a combo deal.. For $340.00

If anyone is intrested lemme know..
email me..

[email protected]

And if you need to check it out.. Go to www.weapon-r.com
and look for the AIrbox ICON under the INtakes sextion..

·
Registered
595 Posts
What becomes of the powersteering and other accessories that currently reside where the box fits in?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the Factory components are still in place and not moved..
We designed it to work with all the components, like the Power steering RES / ETC..

It works just like a Cold Air System without the conserns that people that have a COLD AIR INTAKE that puts the filter towards the ground have.. The theory is that you enclose the filter in a cold area and allow it to draw air from a cold source, and still giving the car a sleek JDM look..

If anyone still has any ?'s .. please feel free to email me..

The $340 cost is for the Cold Airbox and the INtake system..
$200 for just the cold airbox..

LEo

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Well all I can say is I'm glad you didn't return my call when I tried to order one before Jan 1. If you didn't see the post, Steve Dunn (Stevieray) got one and has not been able to make it fit. For the money it costs I would have expected something more than 3 pieces of aluminum and 5 screws and that it would fit correctly.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Dudes,

The guys at WeaponR have gone out their way to build something useful for the Legend. We all know that the aftermarket for us is small so, the willingness to build stuff is much appreciated. Don't balk at the price ... if you think it's too much, don't buy it, or try to get a group buy going.

All I'm saying is that ANY aftermarket support is good, so don't knock it!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
Steve Dunn (Stevieray) got one and has not been able to make it fit. For the money it costs I would have expected something more than 3 pieces of aluminum and 5 screws and that it would fit correctly.
I just saw this post, so my previous one might not apply. For the money, we would certainly expect the quality to be on par.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
???

WR_LEO said:
All the Factory components are still in place and not moved..
We designed it to work with all the components, like the Power steering RES / ETC..

It works just like a Cold Air System without the conserns that people that have a COLD AIR INTAKE that puts the filter towards the ground have.. The theory is that you enclose the filter in a cold area and allow it to draw air from a cold source, and still giving the car a sleek JDM look..

If anyone still has any ?'s .. please feel free to email me..

The $340 cost is for the Cold Airbox and the INtake system..
$200 for just the cold airbox..

LEo
you said 175 for just the box on u'r first post. that's a lot of moey for a peice of aluminum IMHO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im sure that we have already fixed the problem with Steve dunn..

For my tech's said they talked to him and said everything is fine..
We are waiting for one of our friends to come by and help us take pictures and make a full install instruction..

Yes i did mess up it was $175.00 for just the airbox.. Sorry..

Leo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Weapon R is cheesy man..

I heard they're in litigation right now cuz of their cheesy foam filters are getting ingested and ruining people's motors.
CAI is all that anyways if you're going over 40 MPH there's enough wind coming in thu the front hood grill to blow cold air in past the radiator into the engine bay. At 100 MPH ya get some pretty good cooling. What matters really is the filter, K&N and AEM filters are best. It's just a tube there really isn't any complex engineering involved in making one...I wouldn't pay more than 70 bucks for an intake tube.
rmc

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wundedsaint:
Have you ever heard of these other comapnies called...
HKS / GReddy / Pipercross / TMW / etc..
They all Use Foam Filters.. WHY?
Maybe because it frilters better than Cotton.. ?
Maybe cotton is cheaper to make than Foam..?
you want some answers on the foam vs. cotton dilema..
go to our site.. and look at the difference between foam and cotton..

We and most of the top companies only use foam because it makes more power and the filter works better as an filtering media..

Check your facts before you open your big Mo*&%H...

If you think our stuff is cheesy.. you come up with something better.. We were planning on some ECU tuning on the 2G Legend.. But that's iffy now.. does'nt look like the 2G crowd is very intersted in our projects..

If you wanna see what were all about.. go check out our Cold Airbox and ECu Upgrades for the LExus's...

Leo

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
WR_LEO, a tip for ya. Your comment, "Check your facts before you open your big Mo*&%H... " doesn't work for ya. It is bad business practice to make fun of your customers, no matter how dumb you may think their opinions to be. Take if from somebody who runs their own business, that's not the way to make it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't like people making false statements.. about us being in litigation..

All i have to say is.. Check your stuff before you say anything..

·
Registered
8 Posts
But those companies use good materials

Weapon R does not :) I'm sorry but your bandwagon argument is weak. Just because everyone jumps off a bridge would you?
Your attitude towards me just proves to me how unprofessional your company is. Weapon R products I think are just plain cheese....just stuff made to take money from all the broke ass riceboys out there. What's up with the plastic silver painted crap surrounding the filter in the dragon intake? There's a reason why K&N and HKS has been around much longer than your company and will continue to be. HKS makes the best foam air filters and it has it advantages in FI applications. They have better engineers and don't have to use some informercial to sell their products. I have nothing against foam filters just cheapass ones that your company uses. Your company is right up there with APC.
rmc

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For someone who has only 5 posts you sure know alot about Legends..

At any rate.. Im ignoring you..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ummm what does the # of posts

have to do with my knowledge of auto mechanics?
A Legend is a car...just like any other. What kinda half-ass response is that?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just ordered one of these from Leo. He was a pleasure to talk to with and made me appriciate what kind of effort goes into these parts. Do you realize that Weapon-R will probably never see a profit on these Legend parts? It the same problem that has plagued other aftermarket developments for our cars. For Weapon-R to make a complete cold air kit is a step in the right direction and we need to support that in this community not complain about the price or the type of filter. :rolleyes: If we ever want to see more aftermarket parts you need to put your money where your mouth is. My $175 has spoken.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Hey guys! I didn't mean to start a flame war here. My initial comment on the CAB was to get Leo to address publicly what Steve had posted about a quality issue. I hope Steve will chime in here and say the issue is resolved.

As with any first item of production there may be kinks that have to be worked out. It's just a fact of life. I've worked in a production environment for almost 30 years so I know what startups can be like. The test of the manufacturer is how well and quickly issues are resolved.

As for Weapon R having "cheesy" products. They're no more cheesy than anything else in their price range. You want Mercedes quality at a Hyundai price? That's just stupid. Check out the prices of Lexus stuff at Swift Racing Technology. As the saying goes: "The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys". Check the price on the new AEM programmable ECU. That sucker runs $2K. How many out there can afford that? I can, if they had the plug and play version for the Legend.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.