Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They will dyno and offer a discount for whoever provides the car for R&D for the programmable ECU.

Contact Leo for more information. Just passing on the info.....

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Would a "Weapon-R" ECU produce more performance gains over the Bayou Stage ][ chip???

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Why not check the WR site. They have some dyno charts of others they have done.

NOTE: This is a piggy back unit and is not user programmable.

I my self would like to see where this thing ties into the ECU (what signals is it modifying).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SaGe69 said:
Would a "Weapon-R" ECU produce more performance gains over the Bayou Stage ][ chip???
I asked the same question during out AOL chat last night with Leo and a WeaponR tech (these guys are really listening to us!!!!) and they cannot answer that until they complete there testing.

I was told the programmable ecu is an add-on piggy back unit for our ECU. It will require soldering 8-10 wires to the ECU, unfortunately not plug and play. The unit adjust A/F mix, timing, shift points (auto only) and removes all rev limiters (I think)....

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thanks MC, keep me informed....

Something new (and hopefully better) always comes along just when you've paid for something else.

I just purchased the Bayou Stage 2 Chip so I'm kind of frustrated that this new development had to happen now. In any case, email me at [email protected] if you have any new information on the chip. I'm curious to know, since this is in fact a piggy back unit like you explained, if you could use it in conjuction with the Stage 2 Chip, or would that only make things worse?

Well, hope to hear from you. The only thing that would concern me is that Pure Performance Products (Bayou) has had several years experience tuning Acura and performing ECU upgrades. Since Weapon-R's ECU unit would be a completely new product, I'm worried that the long-term effects of the chip on the car would have not been tested, so those of us who did buy it might end up having to replace the ECU if there was a design flaw after production and an extended period of use on the car. It's just a thought, I'm sure they're more thorough than that, but's a good possibility.

SaGe69

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
hey mike,
can you keep us posted on this. also, any idea how much it would be? i was thinking of getting the bayou chip but am willing to wait for the WR ecu upgrade. =)

-j

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aiznpride said:
hey mike,
can you keep us posted on this. also, any idea how much it would be? i was thinking of getting the bayou chip but am willing to wait for the WR ecu upgrade. =)

-j
Jay,

I'm really not involved in this one, I was just passing some info to the guys from Leo @ Weapon-R. I was working out the details of the CAB & intake GB when he mentioned the ECU. I'm getting the Bayou chip for now since this add on will cost about $600-$800 if produced. The Bayou upgrade can be converted back to the original ECU at any time.

Who's providing the Type II to Weapon-R for R&D?:confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was going to let the WR guys have my car to do the tests on but I couldn't afford it. Don't you guys think that the test car should get it for free? I mean they take the car for two days and get to use it to benchmark their product. From what I understand, when something like this is done the first car is free so the company can learn what their product is actually doing. Then, based on the performance gains, they can set a price for all others and start selling them on the open market. Let me know what you think, and let the WR guys know too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts