Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first real mod to my 91 ls sedan today, came from nopi. I ordered the dragon intake but they sent me the hyper. I was just wondering if they sent the right intake for my application which is non-tcs equipped. Is there supposed to be 3 inlet ports on the intake? Its dark out so i havent taken the time to pop the hood but i figured you guys would know. What is the difference in the non-tcs vs. the tcs equipped versions? Thanks to all who reply.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Yes, there should be 3 vacuum hose inlets on the pipe. The difference between a TCS and non TCS system is the legnth of the pipe. The TCS legnth is shorter by about 3" on the side that leads to the TB.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, i was really worried that i had recieved the wrong intake. Do any of you guys have any opinions on the regular "hyper filter" vs. the dragon? I prefer the looks of the dragon.... sure wish they would of sent me the one i purchased....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right on! thanks a-lot, this is definitely the most helpfull/friendly board on the net. You guys rock!

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
It took me about a week to get mine, but not a weapon-r intake. I got mine from importtoys.com ,its a performance shop in seattle, theres a guy named marcus who works there, email him or pm him on the board, importtoys, hes a legend owner and will hook u up. Its like half the price of weaponr and RM racing,
And might i point out, that intakes are just a piece of pipe and a filter, if you want the WR on the side, you gotta pay an extra 70-100 bucks. if thats your thing, go for it. not me, and i concur with leon, 4grand on the RPM guage sounds awesome, Damn, makes me wish it wasnt raining, so i could fly. oh, well.
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
so with batter hyper filter or the dragon?

please im about to buy one of thouse

thanX

·
Registered
327 Posts
hyper = older style, less air can get in
dragon = new style, suppost to be DOUBLE the air flow, easy to clean
according to the box of dragon filter from weapon-r.
I like the looks of the dragon filter, but the quality sucks:mad: it is made of plastic and foam. the Hyper is much stronger and feels much more durable.
I went with the dragon mainly for looks with the carbin fibre pipe and it looks SWEET and you do hear it at 4000 rpm, some people said it sounds like i have an exhaust when I floor it and hit 4k.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
thanX

so if its look good and sound's good
so....
i guess i gonna buy one of thouse
do u know any good webside who have those for legend ?

is there any other good ones ?

Darek FL

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
tnelson said:
It took me about a week to get mine, but not a weapon-r intake. I got mine from importtoys.com ,its a performance shop in seattle, theres a guy named marcus who works there, email him or pm him on the board, importtoys, hes a legend owner and will hook u up. Its like half the price of weaponr and RM racing,
And might i point out, that intakes are just a piece of pipe and a filter, if you want the WR on the side, you gotta pay an extra 70-100 bucks. if thats your thing, go for it. not me, and i concur with leon, 4grand on the RPM guage sounds awesome, Damn, makes me wish it wasnt raining, so i could fly. oh, well.
peace
Tnelson
Got any pics of your intake?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm gettin a 3" pipe bent to form and I'm gonna get the dragon intake. I'm gonna run it down a little closer to the resonator box until I can formulate either a CAI of CAB for the lege. (Coming soon)

I'd be pissed if I ordered a dragon and those fools sent me a hyper. There must have been some reason they upgraded it, so I would want to feel the benefits as well for my money. I'll be sendin my $#!t back if it ain't a dragon. Holla!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts