Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this before, but am still a little bit confused... what is difference on the Dragon and Hyper intakes, both from Weapon-R??

They cost about $5 apart. I visited the website, and saw some visual changes, the Dragon 2002 seems to look better then the Hyper Intake, but when you click on the "blow-up" picture for the Hyper Intake, it shows the Dragon??

What's the difference? Anyone have pictures of the NEWEST/LATEST Hyper and Dragon side by side?

·
Registered
702 Posts
the hyper intake is the older intake made by weapon-r, several years old. the dragon is the new one. there really isn't too much difference besides the filter. i had the hyper intake in my car until the intake got stolen so i replaced it with the dragon one. they are both good, i think the dragon one sounds a bit nicer than the other one i had and definitely looks much better. and to further confuse you i'm sure, i got my dragon intake shipped to me in the hyper intake box :D haha

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Yep, the only difference is the filters they use. The Hyper are the older model while the Dragon filter has the new one that looks badass. Try to get the dragon filter because I might just order the dragon filter myself being that I have the hyper intake.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh, okay. Definately I want the Dragon 2002 Intake then! I like that they have specific TCS and non-TCS versions!

Is the noise difference noticable? From inside the car? I want to hear that engine make some more noise :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
the dragon one sounds sweet and you can definitely notice the difference from inside and outside the car, especially if you have intake/exhaust combination. i personally love the sound when you shut off the car, it makes a nice suction noise then stops, hard to describe, but you won't be disappointed with dragon intake. :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I ordered mine direct from Weapon-R through Nick. Leo from Weapon-R is the one that set us up for a price of $150 plus $10 shipping (limited-time only). But make sure when you call them to tell them that your from the Legend Forums and the price. Last I checked (which was last week) they had some (3 or 4) carbon fiber left, and the other colors. This is the last of their carbon fiber pipes so get them while you can. Hope that helps.

G

·
SammyD said:
I ordered mine direct from Weapon-R through Nick. Leo from Weapon-R is the one that set us up for a price of $150 plus $10 shipping (limited-time only). But make sure when you call them to tell them that your from the Legend Forums and the price. Last I checked (which was last week) they had some (3 or 4) carbon fiber left, and the other colors. This is the last of their carbon fiber pipes so get them while you can. Hope that helps.
Is carbon fiber better? And what number should I call?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I asked Nick the same question and he said it's mainly for looks. The carbon fiber pipe is actually $60 more then the other pipes. The number is 650-877-8280. Talk to either Nick or Leo, very cool guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts