Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought something from a person who said that they were going to send it out to me on monday. The item was originally on EBAY, and I contacted the buyer. They ended the auction, and we proceded with the transaction. Now I have sent them the money, and they did receive it, and I have not heard back from them. What recourse do I have in this situation? Can EBAY help me out?

Is there anything I can do? If that someone is reading this post, please let me know what you are doing. Even if you did send it, just drop me a note and let me know that you sent it or something. I just want to know what is happening. Thank you...

·
Registered
79 Posts
make sure u report this to Ebay 30 days after the auction ends. Just try to resolve it with the buyer/seller directly, but if push comes to shove then report it to Ebay and they will take care of it for u. Goto the Ebay web site and look for the security policy and read it well. That will help u out.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx.

I just sent them an email, and hopefully ebay will contact me with some good news. Do you know if they can still help me if the auction was ended early?

I never bid on the item. I contacted the buyer, we agreed on a price, I sent out the money, he ended the auction, he received the money, and that was the last I heard. He was supposed to send it out on monday with the tracking numbers to me but that has not happened.

·
Hatin the rain already
599 Posts
I dont think you are going to get any help from ebay on this. By not closing the deal with ebay involved you are not under any of their guidelines. As for him accepting your $$ outside of ebay he might have been intending to rip you off from the beginning. I guess this is a lesson learned. I also bought someone from ebay that arrived with about half the stuff in the box. It was supposed to be a new in the box sony CD-RW and when I got it there were no cables no original box or any software. Just a bare drive wrapped in packaging material. I sent him an email requesting these items and informed him that the next step will be to contact ebay. Hopefully I dont have to give him negative feedback and send back the stuff. I just wish people would be a little more trustworthy. Good Luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Buying stuff from ebay is like dealing with a stranger in a dark alley.
Sadly this may be a case of "A lesson learned" but then again you never know what he has going on in his personal life that would cause a delay.
Something to think about when dealing on Ebay.

·
Registered
217 Posts
most likely, your credit card company will have a zero liability policy for fraud, even through ebay transactions. Also, paypal has a fraud policy like ebay if you used that. I just got robbed by a person and i have faith paypal will compensate me.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope you guys get your transactions straightened out. That really sucks. I am going to give this guy another week before I raise a stink about it. Its too bad because its an excellent way to buy things (the net), and only a few people ruin it for many others. I guess you just have to be trusting.

·
Registered
812 Posts
can u still give him negative feed back on ebay??

a better tactic might be to threaten to post his mailing address on public forum (this one?) and have a Legend brother (or sister if she's big enough) help you out w/ a daily reminder about "I know where you lived" on his door way or something?

disclaimer - not a lawyer or a police officer

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
95gs said:
a better tactic might be to threaten to post his mailing address on public forum (this one?) and have a Legend brother (or sister if she's big enough) help you out w/ a daily reminder about "I know where you lived" on his door way or something?

Very cool idea there 95GS, If he's in NYC, i'll go take care of them for ya. Give us the address

:D :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Triton3K said:
95gs said:

Very cool idea there 95GS, If he's in NYC, i'll go take care of them for ya. Give us the address

:D :D
Thanx

I think you both have a good idea. I was thinking of ridiculing him in a public forum, or posting his address on the net. I got a reply from him on thursday saying that he was really busy, and that he would send it out on friday with the tracking numbers. Its saturday, and I have not heard from him. I was also thinking of sending out a hit squad or something, and too bad he does not live in the bronx. I wish I had crazy mafia ties where I could snap my fingers and get three goons driving cadilacs to show up at his door step, and do what needs to be done.....

Wiseguy....:D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, just an update for you all who responded to this thread.....

I got my item today finally. I guess I just had to have a little patience and faith in a fellow legend owner:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts