Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well a few month back my temp gauge was would flutter up and down every once and a while at one point it got pretty high. After checking the car out for some reason the coolant was low in the radiator but above full in the bottle. After topping the radiator off I have not had any problems with the cooling system however my heater is acting a little weird and I'm now wondering if it is related. Sometimes when it is cold out and with the heater on the heat gets cold while stopped at a light. When I take off the heat comes back...

anyone with any possible answers...

· FIXER
1,720 Posts
The heater core is the highest part of the system. So when air gets in the system and some coolant overflows into the resivoir tank the result is no heat. The heater core is not getting enough coolant due to the air in the system. Leave the temp knob on full hot when you get gome tonight. Add coolant to the radiator in the morning. Check for leaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.