Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when i start my car it starts fine the RPM goes up to whatever 1-1.5 RPM's then starts droping like normal but sometimes it almost goes to zero then bounces back up. only does it once, then settles at correct idle. (like its searching for the right idle)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Roger said:
sometimes when i start my car it starts fine the RPM goes up to whatever 1-1.5 RPM's then starts droping like normal but sometimes it almost goes to zero then bounces back up. only does it once, then settles at correct idle. (like its searching for the right idle)
Hmmm...when the RPM went down to almost 0, does you lights flicker and does the car seems like it'll almost shut off?

My car did that when my TPS sensor went bad, it did that periodicly for a while then it started doing it more often. The check engine light didn't come on until like 2-3 month later.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Throttle Position Sensor.

I would get it checked out first, it might be loose wiring to the sensor also. Cuz the sensor is part of the throttle body and must be purchased as a unit. It's about $500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.