Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how come the front wheel well of a car is never lined up with the rear? it seems like the rear wheel well is always lower than the front, causing much discussion about how much to lower the car in the front compared to the back i know i'm noticing too much haha, but it makes cars look kinda weird once you start noticing it.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Actually, the other day I went to Office Depot to pick up some stuff, I saw a 91-93 Legend Sedan there. I parked my 94GS next to it. When I came out I noticed clearence from the ground in the front was about the same, but from the back, his looked lower? Mine seemed higher... Hmm...

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
When I came out I noticed clearence from the ground in the front was about the same, but from the back, his looked lower? Mine seemed higher... Hmm...
Stuff in the trunk? :)

Actually, I believe that the difference in front and rear fender gap is simply due to a larger fender cavity in front. I think that this is by design.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
the front has to have a higher arch because the front wheels turn, when the car is under load from turns or braking and the wheels are turned they have to have enough clearance to not rub on the fender edges, i've noticed BMW correct this eye sore by having the back of their cars a bit higher at the rears, next time u guys look at a 7 series take a good look at it from the side you'll notice a slight tilt at the back.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
HATE_ME_NOW said:
the front has to have a higher arch because the front wheels turn, when the car is under load from turns or braking and the wheels are turned they have to have enough clearance to not rub on the fender edges,
Good point you got there hate_me, I never thought about the fact that the wheels actually kinda cause the front of the car to look higher because they do turn rather than the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts