Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I left the country for a week last week. My friend that dropped me off at the airport left my parking lights on for the whole week. He jumped it before I got back and now I cannot lock my doors. They Click to unlcok themselves upon cranking and if I try to lock them they click without locking for about 10 mintes until it becomes a dull sounding click.

My actuator is bad already but wasnt this bad. I am thinking that it has something to do with the alarm or the jump. I disconnected my alrm months ago because of the alarm going off all night every night.

Any ideas???

SUB

· Registered
65 Posts
how old is the battery... alarm going off could be because the battery is wearing... may have a bad cell... contrib. to slow lock response... maybe

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point

Good point Gunyvw. My battery is only a year old but the parking lights draining the battery for about a week might be the culprit. Ill get it tested.

Thanks

· Faster than yo Legend son
1,044 Posts
he didn't jump it the wrong way did he? that's probably what happened..
hopefully its alright and not messed up.. if it is probably have to change some stuff with the electrical system.

I had a dude cross the wires on me before, messed my cressida UP..
ran fine for two days afterwards, then I left my lights on coming from lunch at work one day, got another jump. drove home next thing I know car wouldn't even start alarm just kept going off.. got a new battery and it did the samething..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.