Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed this wierd noise on my coupe after I shut it off. I have heard it since I bought it. Because the car does not shut off until I get out and close the door, I hear it every time. It kinda sounds like a desiling engine..... When the car shuts off, the engine stops running, but right after that, you can hear this rattle, kinda of like a clanking of two metals together. It rattles fast and then slows right down, like something is still turning, and then it stops in an instant.

I never noticed this on my sedan. Is this because I have a manual tranny? It may not be a big deal, but It does not sound normal. I am just being picky or whats up... is it a mount or something/?

Thanx.:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
That's normal, its your exhaust cooling off, as the metal contracts, it makes noise, every car does it, but you can notice it on "older" cars as well. It sounds like a "ping" sound, or two metal things being hit together. I hope this is what you are talking about :)

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Nick Gorski said:
That's normal, its your exhaust cooling off, as the metal contracts, it makes noise, every car does it, but you can notice it on "older" cars as well. It sounds like a "ping" sound, or two metal things being hit together. I hope this is what you are talking about :) [/

That's exactly what I was going to say. My wifes accord makes that same noise- she thought there was something broken or leaking.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It almost sounds like two peices of metal knocking together. The sound lasts for about a second or so and stops. My 91 sedan type 1 does not do this... it may be normal, but it is more of a clacking noise then a ping (if you are talking golf club "ping" after hitting a solid shot with a driver).

Maybe I am just worrying about something stupid:rolleyes: Thanx guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts