Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had to happen sometime, some cop with too much time on his hands decided to pull me over. I was at a stop light and he was passing through the intersection perpendicular to where I was, and saw him break his neck staring at me so I knew something was up. I saw him turn off the road two streets down and I figured he was going to set up a trap for me because I was turning left in the direction he had been heading. When I continue down I see him posted up in a bank drive thru waiting for me to pass, but I was turning off before that since I lived right there. So, this jerk cop floors it out of the bank drive thru and comes right behind me through a block, then I start turning into my garage of my apartment building, and sure enough flashing lights. This idiot pulled me over right in the entrance of my garage...for not having a front license plate posted!

What a dork with his bullet proof vest trying to act all bad like he rules or some b.s. like that! After questions such as who's car is this, etc. etc. he goes and writes me a ticket. Then he comes back and asks me even more questions like...Do you have any alcohol in the car? Do you have any drugs in the car? Where were you coming from? Do you have any guns in the car? I answered no no no to all the questions till the last one, I was just getting impatient and was like: MAN! I don't mess with any of that stuff! Then he gave me a ticket and rolled out. Completely pointless.

I called this morning to find out how much ticket is...
$25 ticket
$42 court fee
= $67!!! total even though I am not contesting it still have to pay court fee...what a ripoff just for not having a plate in front....talk about b.s. laws.

Sorry for long post, had to vent!
haha

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I know you're mad you got a ticket dude, but if you knew the law beforehand and didn't put a front plate, well, it was pretty much gonna happen sooner or later, you should've been ready for that.

The reason they do that, is those new new Intersection Camera lights, as well as being able to more easily find a suspect when they commit a crime. I'm not against that, I think it's a good thing.

When I got my original G1 Legend Coupe, the first days I started driving, a cop pulled me over, said I needed to get a front plate on there ASAP, but he didn't give me any ticket, just a "Warning".

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hear ya man, i knew it was a violation but i had asked cops before if it really was a big deal or if i could get pulled over for it, and the answer always was that it is not a major thing that most cops do not pay attention to it or care about, but they said that if i park on the street the ticket people will give me parking tickets. therefore, i was never worried since i rarely park on the street, just an underground garage at night.

i think this cop expected more than he had, because he saw a young guy driving a shiny nice looking car, so i'm sure he was hoping car would be stolen or similar things like that, but after looking up everything he found out that this was just it, a simple violation by not having a license plate.

the thing that pissed me off was that i got pulled over at the entrance to my apartment building garage where old people live and spread rumors and talk....so when i finished with the cop and went inside i went to the lobby attendant, and sure enough people had already spread rumors saying cops had got somebody in front of the garage, and i explained that it was nothing, just a petty cop.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha, nah...i had expected that i would get searched and all that stuff, but he could tell i didn't have anything he'd be able to find just by the way i was responding to his questions...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I wish more cops would be willing to talk with you about what you have done instead of giving you the ticket as quick as they can...Well, I guess thats not what they are there for...I got a ticket earlier this year so I know how you are feeling man...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[email][email protected][/email] said:
I wish more cops would be willing to talk with you about what you have done instead of giving you the ticket as quick as they can...Well, I guess thats not what they are there for...I got a ticket earlier this year so I know how you are feeling man...
yeah matt, it sucks, it's not so much the $60, but more of the fact that i've been living in the same building for 21 years where everybody knows me...and i never thought i'd get pulled over there, if anywhere...and for people i see everyday to see me pulled over for something such as this (plus the way rumors get spread they would be saying i got locked up or did something stupid)...if i was speeding, littering, swerving, running stop signs or red lights, stolen car, reckless driving, etc...i'd understand cuz i deserve it, but for a tag...this cop was just pressed and looking for trouble.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
that sux, in my town we have an abundance of cops, city council thinks it helps property values. They have nuthin better to do than to try to give tickets to kids. They are dickless *******s who think they are hard. Hope you get out of it.
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey Da Timez, Same thing happened to me coming up 95 going back to B-More. Those Maryland Transportation Authority cops got me for the no proper license tag on the front. I got a license plate with a pic of a Rottweiler on the front so I told the cop this a business plate because I breed these dogs and that's my side business. He looked at me and decided to give me a warning instead of a ticket.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whiplash9001 said:
Hey Da Timez, Same thing happened to me coming up 95 going back to B-More. Those Maryland Transportation Authority cops got me for the no proper license tag on the front. I got a license plate with a pic of a Rottweiler on the front so I told the cop this a business plate because I breed these dogs and that's my side business. He looked at me and decided to give me a warning instead of a ticket.
****, you got lucky, for me i had absolutely nothing, not even holes in the bumper for plates, because when my car was in the body shop for a new bumper, i told them to leave it as is and not drill holes, so it's completely smooth and shiny...and therefore obvious! :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
expirience with cops has always been nice (although most of my expirience has been in a baby blue ford taurus (my dad's, before I got my ride) so they could have felt sorry for me. I forgot to use my turn signal, and just as I was pulling over, my friend chucked an egg out the window (he didn't see the cop), the cop let us go. When I rear ended someone on the bridge, the cop gave me a warning instead of a ticket for tailgaing. I got pulled over w/ 7 people in my dad's car (4 back, 3 front) at 2 in the morning. The car reeked of alcohol and herb (I was giving some peeps a ride home from the party), didn't get ****, only a warning. Recently (in my legend) I got pulled over for doing 63 in a 35 zone (near a school, no less). The cop knocked it down to 60 so he wouldn't have to impound my car, take me to the police station, and call my rents (under 18). Then, he basically told me that if I contested the ticket, he wouldn't show up at court (which, I think, means that the ticket won't be upheld). I contested the ticket, and am still waiting for a reply on a court date (if I get one at all).

That cop who pulled you over and gave you a ticket must have been a major asshole.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
acpac_jet said:
expirience with cops has always been nice (although most of my expirience has been in a baby blue ford taurus (my dad's, before I got my ride)
Weren't you in that movie 'Road Trip'?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
There are more bad cops than good one thats for sure, but all cops being dicks,,nnnooooo (couple buddies who cops) just most of them, but like acpac there have been some who save me major money and points against my record not to mention insurance. In your case that cop as you said was looking for something else when he coulda just gave you a warning, don't trip, its what young black men like myself have been going through for years in the intercities, nice luxury car sittin on cromies, ooohh I'm a dope dealer now, that is if its my car. Why because I could never afford it honestly, he's probably just a janitor for Burger King, he's a side busta pull'em over.

Sir can I have your license and registration please.......(heres the famous line).......
is this your car?.......yes.....................................................Sir can you please step out of the vehicle?.............Huh??......Can you please step out of the car?.....Do you have any weapons or drugs on your person?...No.(while I'm being frisked)...Any drugs or weapons in the vehicle?..No..Please wait here sir.........(while he running a check on my license, his partner is standing on the other side about 10ft from in back of my car on the side walk with one hand on his holdster) cop comes back hands me my license and reg and say.......You may get back in your car sir......So what did I do officer?.......I pulled you over because you were sitting in the crosswalk at the stop light thats illegal sir, I'll give you a warning this time but don't let me catch you doing that again because next time I'm going to ticket cha.....Ok have a nice day sir.

I wish I can say this has only happened once, but being a black man in the U.S. you exspect it, this is real people.

But like I said, many cops have saved me alot of money, kinda like the above example...But not without going through its a young black man in a luxury car drama.

·
Registered
507 Posts
yeah, that looked like my dad's car in road trip, but too bad, I'm not in it.

And cops are assholes for racial profiling. Its pure and simple bull****.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RenoG said:
Sir can I have your license and registration please.......(heres the famous line).......
is this your car?.......yes.....................................................Sir can you please step out of the vehicle?.............Huh??......Can you please step out of the car?.....Do you have any weapons or drugs on your person?...No.(while I'm being frisked)...Any drugs or weapons in the vehicle?..No..Please wait here sir.........(while he running a check on my license, his partner is standing on the other side about 10ft from in back of my car on the side walk with one hand on his holdster) cop comes back hands me my license and reg and say.......You may get back in your car sir......So what did I do officer?.......I pulled you over because you were sitting in the crosswalk at the stop light thats illegal sir, I'll give you a warning this time but don't let me catch you doing that again because next time I'm going to ticket cha.....Ok have a nice day sir.
That sucks man. I've also heard these lines quite a few times over completely petty sh*t. I've been stopped and searched simply for throwing a cigarette butt out the window on a highway, but that was before I got the Legend. And guess what happened again.....Read the next post below.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As I said before I got stopped Wednesday night for not having a plate on the front of my car.

Well, Friday (today) after I got home from work I went out and just a few blocks from where I live, I get stopped by an unmarked crown vic (pretty obvious tho) for the same thing...not having a plate. This cop was understanding when I explained to him that I had just gotten stopped two nights ago for the same exact offense and I've been working and have not had a chance to put it on. Luckily, I had proof to show him, by showing him my ticket from Wednesday. He let me go without running anything or ticket because he figured that if there had been anything elso wrong the previous cop would have caught it a couple of days ago.

Talk about some stupid luck... :rolleyes:

oh well, i think they've won because I don't want to keep getting hassled for this, so i'm putting the tag on this weekend somehow attach to the fender. i've met some alright cops before, but the ones who stop for this kind of thing are truly petty.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
yeah, they have quotas, they claim that there unconstitutional, and so they wont admit it, but they always give a lot of tickets at the end of the month
C25A1guy, i gotta finish the line you got under your name.

oink oink, pig pig, do away with the pork, the only silverware i needs a steak knife and a fork - Ludacris

i hear you pigs suck, no offense esti

peace
TNelson

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.