Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i don't want to list my times (not too happy with them)...14.85 @95... but a turbo civic running 10psi only beat me by0.034 of a sec. that run... im gonna have another go at it this friday. gonna try my stock rims at around 18psi. I know i can get lower (i have only made 5, 1/4mile passes in my lifetime)... and also what do you normally luanch at? i tried 3500-4000. help a brother out

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94 l 2dr. 6spd, 5spd flywheel (spec stage I), polished intake mani, short ram(fri. i will put the CAI back in) 2.5" from y-pipe back. to a magnaflow muffler. bayou stage II.
Timeslip
r/t: .532
60': 2.360
330: 6.356
1/8: 9.660
mph: 74.57
1000: 12.492
1/4: 14,855
mph: 95.03
and the civic on beat my time by .0266,(but trapped at 99.78..im guessing no traction) not what i stated earlier

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a few minutes. i have to finalze my dvd to drop anything off my camera.
and maybe you think its off because this is the first time anyone with a 6spd/5spd flywheel has ever posted a time slip

· Registered
6,057 Posts
no, that would make more low end difference i would think.

well, it would make a difference everywhere i suppose...

just strange, you said you have a video? its just wierd to have it that backwards

my 5 speed did a 15.6 @ 88 with a 2.1 reaction time

i guess once the type 2 setup is done, i will have a better idea of that stuff

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i dont have a video of last night i will remember to bring a cameraperson and my camera for fri, night. your 2.1? was that on street tires. i was on falken 512's on my 17's.

edit: you mean 2.1 (60 ft') not r/t? right

· legend status
1,680 Posts
Very nice run. But I think on street tires you should be able to launch a little higher and keep traction no problem. Also you should try removing your passanger/rear seats just for kicks when you head down on friday, I would be curious to see what you would run then. Also @ what RPM are u shifting w/ your bayou 2?

· Life Ruiner
4,868 Posts
RangerJoe said:
post pics of the time slip please

and that 60 foot time is way off for an ET of that, trap speed too.
No dude, that is a perfect 60ft for a time like that and for an engine that is treated to topend mods. This is very good badintentions, what this shows is bad launching. You either have wheel spin or you are not operating the clutch very well. 2.3 is ok but bad for a manual you should be in the 2.2 range or lower if youre good. i personally havent seen anyone pull a 1.9 in a legend without slicks, my best is a 2.16 on that 13.3 time. One of my weirdest times was a [email protected] with a 2.3 60ft, just means my topend hauls ass. The times that you have to worry about are the good 60 footers with low ET's, that means u have breathing problems. As always you have to compare to other legends and nothing else.

Legends in general are good for 2.6 60ft or lower and 87MPH or higher.

This reminds me of that guy that claimed a 1.760ft [email protected] in his turboed RL. That is way harder to belive, but still possible.

~TRu Hybrid

~TRu Hybrid

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the comments. i was trying to figure out where to luanch at. i was just starting to get it down by my 3rd run. and that was at 25psi. i am gonna bring my other tires and try lower pressure and practice luanches.
shifting at 7500 out of first, 7000 out of second. and leaving it in third

· Premium Member
9,642 Posts
Drag radials would be a good investment if you plan on going to the track often. I went from 15.9 on stock wheels and junk tires, to 15.3 on 18" Yokahama Parada Spec II's, to 15.1 on BF Goodrich drag radials.

This is all on a mostly stock 5 speed coupe with a CAI, throttle body coolant bypass, and no cat. Oh, and at 225k miles :D

Times will definitely improve next year. I didn't even get to drive my car more than 3 miles this year.

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont go nearly enough. im just killing time in orlando while miami is being rebuilt...lol, radials would be real nice though.

· Life Ruiner
4,868 Posts
badintentions said:
i dont go nearly enough. im just killing time in orlando while miami is being rebuilt...lol, radials would be real nice though.
So were you having any traction loss? Have you dynoed that car. That could give you a clear inditication on where to shift.

~TRu Hybrid

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no dyno and only had traction loss in the left lane. right lane would stick really well. no matter what.

· Life Ruiner
4,868 Posts
badintentions said:
no dyno and only had traction loss in the left lane. right lane would stick really well. no matter what.
If you are not losing traction then theres no reason to let more air out of your tires and you should launch at higher RPM's. You should always be at the brink of losing traction. Ideally launch at or slightly above where the engine makes peak power. I suggest shifting out after 6,700 RPM. I'm not a beliver that you are making power after that. you will have to play with it.

I had to launch at 1700 RPM on slicks because i still broke em free. they werent very warm because of the dual mass but none the less TQ can be a burden to a FWD car.

~TRu Hybrid

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
14.8 at 94 was the best of the night. i just could not get it down. i was experimenting with launches. (3k-5k) 5k was when i ran the 14.8, 60' was still 2.3.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.