Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe Im a little older than I use to be. I dont know

Who is Dual made by. Is this a new?? company are they any good???

Does anyone here have a Dual System in there car. do you like it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dual is a Best Buy brand, meaning they arent high quality, but good for the money. they put lights in the speakers. that should tell you how good theyre is. i like the looks of that deck tho, but i wouldnt buy dual.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looby said:
, but i wouldnt buy dual.
Im not. Just wanted to no about it. Im looking for a CD/Cassette indash. every place I look. they say It doesnt fit my 90 LS

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
my friend picked up a Dual headunit for his jeep about a year ago.. it seems fine to me, better than stock u know?

its nothin for if u want top of the line sound quality and all tho... otherwise its straight

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Ballistic said:
some guy I work with hot the DUAL system from best-buy. It doesnt sound bad. Best-Buy has Clarion too now
U sure? ours don't have it yet i guess.

DUAL? All i've heard is crap about them. hell you can get dual amp, 2 12's with box for 129 thats cheap. It's funny bc i laughed when i saw the lights inside the 6.5's.
-hass

·
Registered
70 Posts
lol yea i was in Best buy one day looking to buy an amp kit (no i dont let other people attack my baby with soldering guns and electrical tape) and i see this obnoxius pulsating blue light. i look over figuring i'd see some neon strip attached to the wall but the culprit was a dual speaker. then i realised that best buy will never get my respect for audio equipment.

but wait, they really sell clarion now? i know Tweeter does but i hate Tweeter with a passion

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dual has been around for many, many years. But it has only just recently started car audio. I have an old tape deck or 2 from them that is about 25 years old and work very well.

No clue about their car audio stuff. I'd assume it would be low quality stuff just to get them into the game.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'll go out on a limb and support dual my friend has the same setup here the 2 12's with blue neons in it and yeah at first I was like um sure man whatever you want cause I just wanted to show him how fun it is to hook up your car, he bought a sony xplod amp and it's on his blazers stock deck and at I just had to keep reminding myself I'm into digital designs, adire, phoneix gold and RE but that normal people dont get into their system as much as I do I tried to steer him into a memphis amp or just anything higher quality but he got his whole setup installed for under $500 (back when the subs were $150 and it wasn't $129 for the amp and box) anyways they turned them on and I'll say I was impressed I was really really really not expecting to like them but honestly they get pretty loud in his blazer and I think it's a nice box, a little tackyish but people give him compliments on it like no other,it honestly looks good in his blazer, and it looks ALOT better then most peoples setups, especially at night! Again I'm not into cheap brands, I've dealt with the higher range stuff not like audison or brax or anything but like eclipse etc and hell for the $70ish dollars he subs are going for or the $129 for the combo I was like maybe I should just put some cheap bump in here cause it's gonna be awhile before I get my system going (focusing on other aspects this time around as last time my system consumed me!) and for $130 what the heck...I'd reccommend them if you need some beat for cheap for $70 won't beat the subs and box...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.