Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
hi....
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GEEZ.. when i went to do my oil change 2 weeks ago my mechanic noticed that my front driver side wheel was a lil shaky and we found out my tie rod is messed up so i figured ill buy it from AOA and bring it in for him to fix.. well i went back today to confirm the part i needed and got to talking how my car has a very hard start in the mornings and i thought it was the fuel injectors.. well he advised me to do a tune up and i wasnt sure when the old owner did it as i got this car 18000 miles ago so he pulled out one of the spark plugs to check.. when the spark pplug came out it was DRIPPING oil... the trode were soaked with oil and so was the body.. it was immensed in oil :flame: ... not only that but the electrode was actually dull and chipped a lil.... well guess we figured out where the hard start problem comes from.. and i was always wondering.... my car dont leak motor oil but every now and then when i check the oil drip thingy it would be dry as hell.. guess i know where all that oil goes now.. well got a quote and i decided to go with it since the price wasnt really that bad compared to acuraoemparts... 60 for the valve cover gasket 20 each for the plugs and 53 for the tie rod and boot.. so everything plus labor hes gonna charge me 500.. i dont think thats bad because he uses all oem stuff... plus he usually gives me free oil changes and even the times he does charge me he only charges me like 15 bucks.. and any minor work he does he does it for free so i dont think its bad... any comments guys? just thought i'd share just in case you guys have had any similar problems...

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Thats seems like a lot for the work thats getting done if you ask me...I'd probably only pay to have the tie rod done since they can do it much easier on the lift with air tools....but thats just me....

·
hi....
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe i was actually thinkin the opposite... i would rather do the tie rod myself even tho i wont than have to mess with the valve cover gasket.... i love working on my baby but when it comes to major stuff like that id rather have a pro do it.... i dont feel capable with that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts