Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from people on the street, friends, family............

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
well just yesterday, I went to see this house. The agent was standing outside the house and waiting for me. As I pulled up and parked my car, he came up to me and said "WOW" Thats a beauty"!!!
He drives a 95 accord. After we saw the home and were leaving - he again said, "Now that is one great car!!" He could believe its a 1991 (i had got it washed yesterday, so she was looking clean!!).
;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
damn, that's a tough one...i've been complimented by so many random people it is hard to keep track of....let's see, couple of cops, random people walking by, homeless dude once coming real close to my car and dancing with the music in georgetown, guys who've pulled up right next to me at lights, gas station attendants, mechanics, tire shop guys, inspection people, girls who don't know sh*t bout cars but are impressed once they see it and actually get in, metro bus drivers....damn it's so hard to keep track of it all...and of course can't forget to mention all the street dealers or wanna be thugs on the street corners of the ghettos. :)

let me put it this way, i have never gotten a bad compliment except from a couple of stupid ho's before they've even seen the car when i tell them it is white, and they're like eww, why'd you get white?? and i just laugh at them....then they see the car.

and i didn't mention all the heads that turn when i pass by, especially when i got my enkei's on...like my best friend said it recently..."Damn! I always see people staring and turning their heads' when you pass by!"...and I just laugh and say that I don't notice. :)

and also so many people that don't know sh*t bout cars thinking the car is brand new or a 99 or 2000 and when I say it's a 94, they're like, DAMN, you're kidding, right?

·
Registered
123 Posts
ILOVELEGEND said:
well just yesterday, I went to see this house. The agent was standing outside the house and waiting for me. As I pulled up and parked my car, he came up to me and said "WOW" Thats a beauty"!!!
He drives a 95 accord. After we saw the home and were leaving - he again said, "Now that is one great car!!" He could believe its a 1991 (i had got it washed yesterday, so she was looking clean!!).
;)
Yo man that can be a double edge sword sometimes..I spoke with an real estate agent about a property and was quoted a price over the phone, but once I arrived (In the Ack) to look at the inside the guy went up 20k on the sales price in the matter of two days..I dont know if seeing the car made him feel he could get more money out of the deal or what....Does anybody know were I can find a Yugo or something, maybe he'll give me the house out of pity...:D

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
how bout this one:

a hot chick ( dumb as $hit though) comes up to me and says "that's the best lookin Accord i've ever seen." :confused:

hahahahahah. dumb girls!! gotta luv em. :D

-j

·
Registered
799 Posts
yesterday, had an event at a college here in stockton (UOP) and pulled up as the volleyball team was getting out of practice. one girl said "I always wanted one of those", and another said "THAT's the car i want"

·
Registered
275 Posts
I get this one a lot. Nice car, is it brand new?

The best compliment I've gotten wasn't actually articulated. My Legend in a 94 coupe, which I purchased in 97. The very first night I was drving it home I pulled up to a very hot young women in a SAAB and her jaw just dropped and she was eyeing my car up and down(even after the light changed).

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
The best compliments I've gotten is, when I´m driving to Cologne center to wash and polish my car. Many young boys and groups with her Golf´s and BMW´s, (oh god) who discuss about speeds, cops... stays here and ask me some things about my Honda Legend. questions, like...
"how many PS do you have" and "what´s the end speed of this nice car",
"how much did you get it for",
"I wanna see, what they look like... please open your hood". And then:" Boooooh, wow" and so on...
Sometimes, it´s happend, that I will asked, "Do you wanna trade?" An I answer "What? Never!:mad:

Hope you guys like em. But that´s a true story, which always happens! Honda Legend is an really rarely car, whis has an top equipment with an "timeless design". Especially here in Germany!

MikeD

·
Registered
231 Posts
"Ohhhhh what a beautiful Legend!!!!" - Every salesman at every Acura dealership I've ever been to

"..........." - Open-jawed pause of onlookers after I just dusted their buddy's riced-up four banger

·
Registered
699 Posts
Here is just a couple ive had in the past weel or two...

coworker " thats a real nice acura, is it a 98 or 99?"

somebody on the intercom ar work" could the owner of the new Lexus parked by the fence come move there car"

some girl my friend is dating i met yesterday, she said to him " i saw you in shotgun earlier today in some reeeeaaaly nice car, it looked real good, who were you with?" i was just like umm turn around she was like" oh what, that was you, that car is tight"

there is also the countless headnods and rubberneckers and thumbs up everytime i go out.:D

all i can say is the Legend is a pimpmobile

·
Registered
595 Posts
Little neighborhood kids... "Nice Lexus mister" me..."No, its an Acura" them... "I like that better then" Gotta love little kids...

I too have had the "is that brand new?" Is that a 2000?"

"How fast does it go?" "Spedo goes to 160." "Holy crap! Your car is hella fast" Of course I told him I never went faster than 143 but the illusion is still there...

:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
back in my ghetto high school: "yo man... dats a nice ac"

i get a lot of just nice car compliments, even when the paint looked like ****.

ive had 4 people ask me if i was spraying after they got worked; a civic si, a v8 tbird, an lt1 z (close), and some infiniti or something. its a completely stock gs 6-speed. makes me wonder what i could do with a little bottle. ;)

also been asked several times if i did a tranny swap. :confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
From my uncle Sid, last week, "You got a new car! It's beautiful! How much did you pay?"

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
From people who do not know it was not made after 95
"Is that a 98 or a 99?"

Then their jaw drops as I tell them it is a 93.

A coworker last year

"kinda looks like a lexus or something really luxurious"

A friend I raped in a 91 civic SI

"Type 2 got some balls eh?!"

a friend who only drives trucks

"Holy this thing corners well (as we are flying around a corner at about 150 km/h)"

My girlfriend

"No picking up other girls in this thing"

Countless stares and gakwking from young ricers, hot chicks, to old men in their ford tempo.... all in all.... a defenitaly sweet car...

:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think more than anything most people love the body style. When I tell them Acura tried to replace it with the RL and TL they say..."well THAT was dumb of them." I have also had people assume the car was a lot newer than 10 years old. Cracks me up! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
heres a good one! happend a couple of days ago. i was riden with my girl in the passenger seat. next thing youse know i got the fifthy (5.0 mustang) revven on meeh. my girl was all he wanna race...i was like he'll smoke me. i jus laugh. lite turns green and skiiiiiiiiiiiiiirttttt....were both off. after that i look over and he's about a car length behind. i was in shock! my girl was like dayam he got smoked. so the guy pulls up along side of me and says dayam that's fast...what you got. i smile and say nothen its a stock 94 auto legend! he slithers back into his seat and his friends were jus holden back tryen not to laugh. then the light turns green again and about a 3rd of a 1/4 mile i beat him to the merge! so that was one of the best compliments ive gotten so far for having a stock legend! alot of people compliment me on my beat though bout it....

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Woah, you took a 5.0 Stang.. those things are fast coming off the Line. Maybe it was an Auto too..but still, damn, hmm do you have a coupe?

One of the best things I like about the Legend, at lower speeds, with not a lot of pressure on the accel, it acts like a well mannered, luxury vehicle, nice smooth, and quiet. However, if you stomp it, it becomes a roaring beast, that pushes you into the seat.

Anyways, that said, I've had a couple of comments so far, most ppl think it's a 98+. The other day, my uncle and I, went to pick up my aunt at her college (she's 24), because the lights on his Nissan went out, so we took my Legend. We drive up to the school, and we see her, but she just stands there. I had to call out to her, lol, she's like... "I thought it might be you guys, but the car looks brand new, and I wasn't sure anymore!"

LoL, and yes she has seen the car many times, just never stopped to really look at it..., Impressive for a 94, whose design was created in 91!

Besides that, everyone I know loves to sit in it, very comfortable :) and everyone thinks it looks very expensive

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Well, here are a few that I've heard especially after I got my rims.

"Dam, is that a 2001 or 2002"

"My dauhter loves your car"

"The leather looks brand new" , but its not.

"Wanna sell it"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts