Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexus IS 300 5 spd. I am thinking about getting one soon since my Legend is just about gone, and I was wondering what the consensus opinion on the Lexus is.:confused:

·
Registered
702 Posts
honestly in my opinion, i think it's a fake lexus.

just like mercedes got those fake benzes (you know the $25,000 ones).

i don't know, it looks too much like a sissy car to me! :D

haha, but that's my opinion only.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
ok, my bestfriend got one, he's got Rod Millen Intake, Greddy Evo Catback exhaust, Toyomoto Headers, an Apexi SAFC. He got it all dyno tuned, his dyno sheet says 214whp, but honestly, i dunno if its because i haven't driven it, but it doesn't feel too much faster than my auto type I legend. If my legend was stick, or a type 2 i'm pretty sure i could take it, hell i might take it now or after an intake or so. It seems to get soft around 4500RPMs, but thats just my opinion. I dunno if u want it for speed, style or both, but i recommend a 6spd legend instead :)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
DSMKiller said:
ok, my bestfriend got one, he's got Rod Millen Intake, Greddy Evo Catback exhaust, Toyomoto Headers, an Apexi SAFC. He got it all dyno tuned, his dyno sheet says 214whp, but honestly, i dunno if its because i haven't driven it, but it doesn't feel too much faster than my auto type I legend. If my legend was stick, or a type 2 i'm pretty sure i could take it, hell i might take it now or after an intake or so. It seems to get soft around 4500RPMs, but thats just my opinion. I dunno if u want it for speed, style or both, but i recommend a 6spd legend instead :)
LOL.
I agree with every single word you just said there.
Every single one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DSMKiller said:
From what I heard you can drop alot into the car and it makes no real difference at all, but that isn't why I am looking at it. i like the body style and i want something with a little power and most importantly 0 miles

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
body style? I admit it's a nice lookin, sporty car, but to me it's like the Civic of Lexus', it's getting popular and many will be on the road, I dunno about you but when i look for a car I go for originality as well, like with our legends :) how about an S2000, or an S4? lol m3?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Get a GS400 and call it the day, the IS, too small man coming from a legend, also you wont have to dump so much money to make it go fast if at any time you want speed, Lexus is not cheap let alone putting all kinds of money into it to make it go just to find it didn't matter much, what a waste, a fool and his money soon parts.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
The is3 look like 4 door civic to me. You'll get more props with the Gs4. And when you get it, go here for all of your mods.

http://www.lsportline.com

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I would recommend an Audi S4 if you want to go brand new in that price range. A chip and exhuast and you have a 300+ hp monster. ;) Either that or find yourself a nice 6 speed legend coupe. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are missing my point kinda, I'm done with modding, well other than I may put a little bit of a sound system in to whatever car I get. The thing is i like the luxury angle and want to stay with that, hence The lexus. I would get the Tl or Cl, but i keep hearing problems with the tranny's and i just don't like the feel of the TL, something about it doesn't sit right with me. I didn't know though that the S4 was in the same range, I definately like the looks of that car and would consider it as well.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Scott P said:
You guys are missing my point kinda, I'm done with modding, well other than I may put a little bit of a sound system in to whatever car I get. The thing is i like the luxury angle and want to stay with that, hence The lexus. I would get the Tl or Cl, but i keep hearing problems with the tranny's and i just don't like the feel of the TL, something about it doesn't sit right with me. I didn't know though that the S4 was in the same range, I definately like the looks of that car and would consider it as well.
Scott, if you want the luxury, the IS is not the Lexus to get. The IS is like what the RSX is to the Acura line. It does have some parts of leather on synthetic cloth seats, but you are in no way going to get luxury in the IS. You will get fun sports car. You have to at least get an ES300 if you want to get any sort of luxury. Anything higher in the Lexus line is a no brainer for luxury. The IS is a good car, but luxury doesn't come to mind. More like sporty fun.

When I think of luxury, I think of things you don't need. Power door locks and power windows and a sunroof are not luxury, as even the Honda Civic has them. Kuxury is auto climate control, heated seats, memory seats, things like that. I personlly say take a look at the G35. The sedan might not be all the looks that you want, but the G35 Coupe is surely a Legend Coupe replacement IMHO. I myself will probably be getting a G35 Coupe for the wife (in automatic though since it is for the wife), unless I can swing some finacial miracle, than she will get a nice used GS 400, I will get the G35 Coupe 6-Speed, and that other Acura 6-Speed I always talk about :D I may soon pary with my beloved Legend 6-Speed within a few years. By the way, the G35 is in the same low to mid $30K range as the other cars you are looking at.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A few people, both on the boards and around here have suggested the g36, but i just can't get myself to like Nissan/Infinity enough to buy one on any level (Skyline excluded). Oh well I guess i will have to just go back to the drawing board and see what there is out there.

·
92 LS *o*pe
466 Posts
Man Just wait a couple of months and get yourself the new Infinity G35 coupe. I repeat Coupe. Check it out it's pretty sporty looking. If you ask me I like it.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with everyone else here...you don't want to go backwards and get an IS, that is like getting the Civic/RSX/Celica or whatever Toyota's baby is.
You may not want to mod the car, but you wil;l not be happy driving an underpowered car either, and makes no sense to go backwards and have to build up to what you came from.
My 2 pennies

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey Scott, I was just curious about something you said. What did you mean by your Legend is just about gone? Is it like getting ready to pack up and roll out on you or something? Did you mistreat it? What year is it? Is it a 2 or 4 door? Color? Miles? Stick or Auto? How much would you want for it....Hit me back on a PM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts