Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting pissed off that there are so many rock chips on the outside of my car. The paint job that one of the previous owners put on really is starting look crappy. It only looks like one coat..... I am considering moving to another car.

What cars would be similar in handling and performance to the 93 6 speed coupe?

Reliability
Resale value
Power
Looks
Repair costs
Pimpin Factor

What do you all think? Am I trippin out over somethin stupid? I am starting university come fall..... so I wont have the $5000 to spend on a nice paint job. What are my options if any?

HELPPP!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL...... maybe I am trippin....... Do I really sound that ridiculous and hurtin'?

I am just curious as to why the car was painted (accident??).... and why it was not done properly (taking panels of instead of taping). I am also noticing that the side moldings were not prepped properly before they were painted as they are starting to peel around the bottoms a bit.

Am I just being picky? Is there not any other car in this league for around the same price range with similar features?

I just dont want to have a car that is peeling from head to toe in two years that will cost me a wack to re-paint....

I also need to put a brick under the gas pedal because it is too fast and too fun to not drive fast..... I am paranoid that I will hurt the tranny or engine by driving it hard everyy once and a while...

AHHHH PARANOIA!!!! POOR LEGEND!!!!!! I just want to look at it in the driveway so it will be safe!!!!!!:cool:

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
a nos'd G1 is comparable to your 6 speed. & i'd be willing to trade straight across for your nasty paint havin 6 speed. the paint on my 5 spd is immaculate & i'll even throw in the NOS system :)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well..... I think I have made the mountain out of a mole hill scenerio..... I guess I have a choice.... 92 ls sedan.... or ricdoggs NOSed G1.

Maybe it is worth keeping...... even if it needs paint at a later date. I guess I will have to settle for the 6speed:rolleyes: :D .

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Mckenzie93 said:

Maybe it is worth keeping...... even if it needs paint at a later date. I guess I will have to settle for the 6speed:rolleyes: :D .
That was ur plan all along.
String people along then... CLIP, cut the string.
LOL

Jerk. hehehe
jk..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mckenzie93 said:
Well..... I think I have made the mountain out of a mole hill scenerio..... I guess I have a choice.... 92 ls sedan.... or ricdoggs NOSed G1.

Poor guy... some people have the worst luck:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jose3030 said:

That was ur plan all along.
String people along then... CLIP, cut the string.
LOL

Jerk. hehehe
jk..
LOL Jose....:D

I was not planning to just make a thread for some cheap posts or anything, I actually really wanted to know if there was any other cars that would be comparible to the 6 speed. I was getting sick of seeing signs of a repaint and I dont have the $$$ to do it again. So really..... no one answered my question??

There has to be something out there in the same class as the 6 speed..... isnt there a 540 BMW in a six speed..... mid 90's style.... or is that overpriced? Anything from hyundai.... ford...... dodge (I am so joking:cool: ).

Now that I think about it....... not much is out there really in the 6 speed class. Thanx for screwing my head on straight again guys. Much appreciated.:)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
You think your paint job is poor? Mine is worst, while it looks good when you're looking at it, it's only one coat, no clear coat, and they did not even PRIMER the old paint!!! They just painted over it, they did not remove the proper items when they painted it, the gold trim on top has some color on it (they did not remove it to paint) So do the keyholes, and black rubber plastics around the windows etc...

The paint is so crappy that if you take your finger nail and run it across it, you WILL scratch off the paint!!

Am I going to give up my Legend for this? Heck No! lol... I'm thinking of painting it this summer (another higher quality white), going to see if I find someone to do it in the $1,000-$1,500 US range.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I can top all of you...

My Mitsubishi

10 minutes of taping over the trim, lights, windows

30 minutes of sanding

12 pack of beer in the meantime

8 cans of dark grey primer...

classic!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
95Legend6Spd said:
I can top all of you...

My Mitsubishi

10 minutes of taping over the trim, lights, windows

30 minutes of sanding

12 pack of beer in the meantime

8 cans of dark grey primer...

classic!
LOL CHRIS...... Did you happen to fly up to Canada and paint a silver legend coupe? LOL

Future X..... I think our cars went through the same shop.... I can only assume there is one coat of paint, with no clear coat (?). I can also scratch it off in places. Around my key holes and seems there are signs of the previous color.... cashmere silver...

Oh well.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
McKenzie-

No, I didn't do that (ha!), but ba painting is pretty much inexcusable... the only reason that I paing most of my stuff is that it's for the racetrack (except my Legend... which recently recieved a gorgeous new painting of the front and rear of the car) so at the racetrack, if you get a scuff or a chip, you wipe it with your shirt, then out comes the sprayable primer.... voila! Done! I once dared a friend to key my Starion (like it matters... trust me, it doesn't), and I bet him $50 that I could have it out and fixed within 5 minutes, so he keyed the whole side of the car up and down and back, and then went in the house while I worked.... 5 minutes later the car was sanded (on that side, belt sander!) and the primer was then drying when he walked out... he wasn't happy... I'm actually pretty competant with bodywork, I just have a habit of doing it on cars that I know I can't screw up (NOT my Legend... pro's only!), but my Cutlass was prepped by me, and the paintjob that I paid for looks better than most new Vette's...)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts