Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...What should I replace mine with?

I have a set of cross drilled rotors that I bought from Stillen about a year and a half ago. They have been badly warped for the past 10 months. I have not messed with them since I have been at school and not using the car too much, but now it is time to replace them since I am home.
I cannot have them turned because I cannot find ANYONE in my area willing to touch crossdrilled rotors.

My options are to by another set of Brembos (crossdrilled from RaceConcepts) or to go back to something like stock. What are your opinions on what I should do? I obviously want a good deal, but I don't want to buy junk either. Are the cross drilled likely to warp faster than stock rotors? If they are, I will not mess with them because I have no way to repair them if it happens again.

Thanks for the help,

·
Registered
332 Posts
Rotors, whether cross-drilled or not, warp because of heat. Autoshops don't usually want to turn rotors and they seem to like the excuse that cross-drilled rotors can't be turned. This is not true. If you really want them turned, you should find a machine shop.

However, the ability to salvage your rotors also depends on how badly they're warped.

My suggestion, replace the rotors with the best you can find. Afterall, we're talking about your brakes.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Ultimately they warp because of heat, but a common contributing factor is improper torquing of the lug nuts.

My last set of cross-drilled rotors warped because the body shop that I had sent it to for a bumper repair for some reason took ther tires off and did not torque them properly when they put them back on.

I was forced to get myself a new set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts