Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just wondering what people say about your Legend the first time they see it. The first time my friends saw it they thought I was rich! I'm actually quite broke. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
"What year is this"..they ask, I say "guess"....they say it looks like a 1995 or newer...

I have an 88 Coupe:p

·
Registered
347 Posts
same

generally - what kind of honda is this ... legends rare!
what year? then they guess 92-94 usually (I love that game)
this car has a lot of pick up for an auto!

Only bad thing that's ever been said was by a a friend of a friend - prelude owner - commenting on how the price for legends had come down so much.

We raced a few weeks later and I showed him value for money!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My friend, who drives a Camaro with a 305 V8: "Ohhhh...a littte V6" (he said this sarcastically)

Five minutes later, merging on the 405: "Hey, is this thing turbocharged?" :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
yeah my friends get jealous of the trip computer in my car, they say "why can't my car have that". They get surprise how much power my car has for an old car with high a high odometer

·
Registered
217 Posts
" DAYUM??? WTF ??? THATS AN AUTOMATIC???" - what i hear after every race, win or lose.

1 out of 3 people, when first riding the car say "whoa," or "nice power."

people always think its a 94 or around there

·
Registered
541 Posts
i have mean friends...some say:
Legends SUCK!. stop bragging about your car. Its soo old!

Other more kind strangers say :
"wow, looks so new."
"oooo..a Legend, those are nice".
Some 6th grader was like.. "oo, a legend..by Acura?" i nodded and smiled (at the same time...trying to plunger out a dent..but thats another story).

·
Registered
689 Posts
most ppl can't believe it's a 13 year old car! (maybe cause my paint isn't original).

most are also impressed by its quick-ass acceleration, smooth and quiet ride, its comfertable seats, and its make ("acura" oohhhhh)

others like the pirvacy of tinted windows and a decent sound system.:D (i know i know, i'm completely entry-level when it comes to my audio set-up, but i still love it, plus it gets ppl turning heads and passengers asking about it- if that really matters)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
For the G1, I get told it looks like a 1994-95 car. I get told the steering wheel is the best they've ever felt, often followed by the phrase "I drives itself". I get told how suprised they are that a car of that age is still so durable, and has many features. I get told how the re-sale value drops a lot slower than other cars. My 90L Coupe has a retail value of 6-7k. That's pretty high for a 12 year old car.

For the G2, I get told it looks like a 98-99 car, I get told it's for $$$$ people "executive type". I get told it looks better than their 98-99 Accords :p They're amazed at the power of it, and that is has no VTEC and is SOHC.

All Legends were ahead of their time

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Some people that have ridden in my car, they understand why I love my car so much. For those that haven't, they think my car's a pile. Hmmmmmmmmm. But those outside of school think the car's pretty nice. Loud, but nice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
"that car is beautuful, i used to have one but it got stolen"

"i like the color of your car(champagne)"

"damn! that's hella miles!"

"what are you shooting NOS?!"

"when u gonna get a new car?"

·
Registered
270 Posts
I get nothing but compliments... Especially when I'm running the summer rims. And I still have ORIGINAL paint.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts