It's not perfect. A work in progress.

Esti

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
work in PROGRESS?
dude.
install it already
that looks better than a brand new fire engine. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey did u just remove it with a wrench, i tried removing mine and it would not budge, i didnt want to break anything so i didnt force it.......

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nahh got this spare one from e-bay. I haven't tried to remove the original one.
But It looks easy- There looks to be 3 screws in the center cover and another screw on the top right hand corner. If you removed all the screws and still having trouble it's probably b/c of the gasket underneath. I'm sure you just have to work it alittle to get it undone.
If u plan on taking it off I would get a new gasket and o- ring which is underneath the middle center screw.

Esti

·
Registered
386 Posts
First off I want to say nice job. Second show some pics as soon as its installed. Third if you could be so kind as to give us all the DIY how too on this project. Thanks in advance.:cool:

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem - it's really easy If I can do it anyone can!!

I'll write it up either today or tomorrw - and I'll post it here

Esti

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Esti, what are the 90 tail lights you have in your info thing. ARe they on your g1 acura, if so, what kind are they and where did you get them. let me know. thanks

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the stock taillights

and here are the tailights for a 1990

I got them from Jose3030- I think I paid around $125 for them. He got them from a online junk yard. They are a little hard to find b/c they were only made for the 90 model year. If you order them make sure the car is a 90 and tell them that the top portion of the light has to be all white.

Good luck
Esti

·
Registered
386 Posts
HEY ESTI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We met at Carlisle last year ( you probably don't remember ). When I walked over to where the legends were we talked for quite some time. I was there with my brother his son and his daughter. If I had known that legends were going to be there I would have entered my coupe. I plan on being on the grounds this year with the rest of you guys. If I'm not mistaken you have a weapon -r hyper intake system on your coupe. and I believe inside the gas filler door needed some work done and you have 17 inch rims made by Borbet. If memory also serves me correct on the blanket you have laid out their was a young lady with you that year my nephew was talking to her. If you can remember back that far give me a holla, I will see you at Carlisle this year I just need to know how much it gonna cost me to put my car on the grounds with the rest of you guys. Peace.:D

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I remember. It's always good to put a face on a name. I believe the registration is $35 and your in. I'm having the rust and my front end redone in a few weeks so hopefully she will be looking brand new. I'll be nice to see more G1 out.
ohhh don't bring up that other girl when I show up this year:D it's a long story

Esti

1 - 13 of 13 Posts