Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a kit on ebay that I will most likely be the winner of...it's going for 450...is that good or bad? It comes with 2 D2S bulbs, 2 Hella ballasts, wires, the whole kit! What are the disadvantages of the D2S bulbs? Will it mess up my beam pattern a lot or not too much? This is the only thing I'm worried about...knowing that we should have D2R bulbs. Oh and by the way...the hella ballasts are supposedly made in Germany. Can anyone verify this?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
DO NOT GET AN HID KIT WITH D2S bulbs unless you have projectors. Our Legends do not. A Legend with D2S bulbs will not have a beam pattern that you want because the beams inside the headlamp aren't controlled. So they shoot out in different directions. GL. Get D2R gogogo! overall, K2 has a pretty good name so far. Good product from what I've seen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I disagree, like I stated in another post I have D2S bulbs and don't have any problems with blinding or not enough light. I have to go or else I would elaborate more.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You will be fine with the D2S or D2R bulbs for your HID kit. Darith, I think I've confused you in that other HID thread. Our Legend lowbeams require a 9006 bulb. Aftermarket HID kits use D2R or D2S bulbs that are modified to the cars required bulb type.(In our case, 9006)... D2S or D2R will work fine in your legend housings if they are 9006. As of now, I don't know of an aftermarket HID kit that uses D2R bulbs...Just know that you will be fine with the D2S bulbs(with the 9006 base), b/c thats what every aftermarket HID kit I've seen uses(D2S)....

So Darith, the D2S bulbs will work perfectly but that is only if they have a modified 9006 base. Basically, any HID bulb(D2r or D2S), that has a 9006 base will work. A D2R bulb will have a little less glare b/c they have a strip on them...

Darith, what I was explaining to you in that other thread was that, unmodified OEM D2S/D2R bulbs in your legend housing will not have the correct beam pattern b/c they don't have a 9006 base, therefore the bulb isn't positioned correctly and the light isn't reflected correctly either....

Yes, Hella ballasts are made in Germany.

Sorry for how repetitive I've been, it is just difficult to explain. Feel free to ask more questions...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts