Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may notice, I often check out the car market near me and always go looking at cars, mostly ones I can't afford. For some reason I've always liked C Classes, and wanted to see your guys opinion on this particular one

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

this one I could potentially do, might need to borrow a little bit from my dad for it though

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
not going to say its a bad car, but!. ever since chrysler took over the merc section... they didnt really come out with such strong little machines. dont get me wrong though...it is still a mercedes, but its not the best that mercedes has to offer...

i would be 50/50 on getting this. but seriously dont let me stop you from getting your dream car..... bcuz its still some maaaad RWD fun ^__^

·
AKA Smartjay28
5,671 Posts
the 4matic is nice(awd)
i would only say get it if it comes with a warrenty for another 50K
now, im sure you know the maintance cost on these cars. avg oil change if you do it at home is abut $90~100. and if u get it done at a grease monkey it costs about $150 and so on and on. there are 12 spark plugs lol. jus to giv u an idea of the cost.

a few things i would keep in mind when lookin at the car is,
-side mirrors(make sure they dont go hay wire) mines doing that rite now.
-ESP -make sure they engage and disengage
-BAS-brake assisatance system- on the MFD(multi function display) doesnt say is not working lol.

ill add more as i gotta get going.

·
ON DAT WAVE
1,302 Posts
the 4matic is nice(awd)
i would only say get it if it comes with a warrenty for another 50K
now, im sure you know the maintance cost on these cars. avg oil change if you do it at home is abut $90~100. and if u get it done at a grease monkey it costs about $150 and so on and on. there are 12 spark plugs lol. jus to giv u an idea of the cost.

a few things i would keep in mind when lookin at the car is,
-side mirrors(make sure they dont go hay wire) mines doing that rite now.
-ESP -make sure they engage and disengage
-BAS-brake assisatance system- on the MFD(multi function display) doesnt say is not working lol.

ill add more as i gotta get going.
its a v6 not 12

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
not going to say its a bad car, but!. ever since chrysler took over the merc section... they didnt really come out with such strong little machines. dont get me wrong though...it is still a mercedes, but its not the best that mercedes has to offer...

i would be 50/50 on getting this. but seriously dont let me stop you from getting your dream car..... bcuz its still some maaaad RWD fun ^__^
Looks clean man! But as JK said, be aware of the maintanence costs of German machines (they are higher than the Legend, and the Legend is not cheap). If you're in a position to acquire and maintain that car on your own financial steam then I say go for it. If not then wait for a while or go for something less pricey to maintain. I used to have an A4 and gave it up because I grew weary of maintainence costs.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
we got a c-class as well 06 sport sedan. I love the AMG style body with 17'' wheels. It drives nicely and it feels sporty too. BUT I wouldn't get it if it doesn't have warranty. Maybe I shouldn't say that since someday I'll be selling ours. :lol:

Somehow older w203's ('05 and under) seem more reliable than later ones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts