Acura Legend Forum banner

What should i do

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what I want to do, which would be easier/cheaper, I want to get a JDM Alpha Touring legend, Do you think it would be easier to find a broker, go threw all the customs b/s taxes and fees and import a running car i can register, or just have a jdm one imported with out the engine, so it would just be a parts car, tear apart my coupe and the JDM this summer, use my unibody frame and just convert everything over to the USDM frame/body (RHD, and everything), and put a "new" jdm type 2 engine for it as well. I am just looking for peoples opions, from what i have heard/read customs is a pain in the ass, if anyone has any experince importing a running car or a "parts car" please let me know how your process went.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for instance?

· Registered
3,484 Posts
the JDM legend has all those features (minus the leveling headlights) and more. like a better center console for example. so importing a JDM one would indeed be my choice. alpha touring yo!

· Registered
186 Posts
Shaylord, it looks like you have enough Legends on your hand as it is.. Plus you got an NSX, LUCKY.. I like the new Honda NSX-R they look sick..

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But I believe doing that would be illegal and the car would be siezed the second I tried to get it so I could register it

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
1_Hot_Legend_L said:
I'd say import a running car. Converting is a pain in the ass! I know someone that tried to covert a LHD skyline to RHD. He gave up and just imported a whole car!
Where do you find a LHD Skyline???????

· Registered
186 Posts
Who wants to get a skyline? Id kill for one but they are too hot out here, illegal, hard to import, and you have to down grade a lot of the mods just to have a street legal skyline, which ends up being a lot and you have to follow all DOT regulations.. People should just buy RB26DET engines from japan or something..

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
Just import one. It would cost you more to convert it over even with a parts car that it would be to deal with customs. If you import one let us know the issues with doing this. Ive been on some of those auto importing websites and thought about how cool it would be to do this. Some of those features would be nice.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is nice is that the JDM is so close to the usdm safety ratings, it has already been approved in a case be4 hand that it is safe enough and meets dot safety standards, I just now have to find info to comply with EPA emissions, does the JDM legend have a cat. converter? anyone have any idea
if it does, i think it will meet the EPA as well

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Shaylord said:
What is nice is that the JDM is so close to the usdm safety ratings, it has already been approved in a case be4 hand that it is safe enough and meets dot safety standards, I just now have to find info to comply with EPA emissions, does the JDM legend have a cat. converter? anyone have any idea
if it does, i think it will meet the EPA as well
I believe it has all the same emmissions systems our Legends have minus the EGR system. So yes, it would comply with enough of the EPA laws to be legal here.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
so all you would have to do is get it tagged and revin'd? if DOT and EPA passes, what else is there?

i know that a guy close to my parents house imported an old mini thats rhd and he drives it everywhere. i see it around town sometimes parked too.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I need to 1st find one, which will be a little hard, because if i am taking the time and money, it will be exactly how i want it, Alpha Touring Coupe, Silver with black interior, black on black or black on tan, nothing else will do, it also has to have every opition, turning lamps, bumper pole, everything, or find a company to help me find one, which i am talking to a few, I need to have it VIN'ed but close steve, they have chasi plates, not vin, I am still reading everything, theres a lot of red tape, it also needs to be completely steamed cleaned as well, can't have any soil of any kind on or in the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.