Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend talks about me to his manager at work (his manager is a racer) my friend also talks about his manager to me at school. he told me his mgr. has a neon that is supposedly "fast". he claim to say that even though he hates neons his managers is fast. Mods from what my friend tells me Neon: Header, exhaust, intake and maybe a chip, im not certain. w/ my blown HG i still think i can crush that bammah what do you think. if i had a good head gasket what are the odds. I feel i should stack them highly in my favor but he might be hiding somthing. imnot sure but he said his second mgr had nitrous on his new eclipse, but broke the trans on it. im not sue if this mgr has nitrous but the way he talks it seems as thoug he doesn't like nitrous. i think i can beat him, im not sure if im willing to do 140 on indian head high way but i think i can beat him. gimme input, racing stories, accel number (60-whatever), anything to help me be more confident. my mods are as listed below.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
are you serious?
A neon is a joke

lol
I raced one on the highway...well, he tried to race me...I decently blew him away...waste of gas .

I know that one of them has 150/160hp - the R/T, and yes its light, but imo., that is an american version of the Civic...so whats your prob? Nada.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i can easily take my friends 99 r/t w/ intake, exhaust and chip. im sure the headers or whatever else wont make a drastic difference. im sure with your mods, its not a contest. i walk him regularly w/ my 6-speed gs.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i talked to my friend and i knew there were some things that i missed. with these do your opinions still stand? even though i know i can beat him, their confidence is a little unnerving (as you can probably tell im not a racer by blood).

heres the full mod list: Neon Coupe
Performance Comp
intake
cat back exhaust
pulleys
enlarged throttle body
Might have an MSD
Chrome hubcaps (what a joke)

i think i can punish him, but he claims to run mid to low 15s at MIR or Budds Creek as the locals call it. im not sure what i'll run but i know if its a 60mph starting line i will hand his ass to him but im not sure on the start with the blown HG. im ordering my parts tomorrow.

·
Registered
699 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAH chrome hub caps??? i hate those things, they are a huge joke.

This guy i know has a 5 spd neon with intake, exhaust, pulleys, and i beat him by like a car length in my girlfriends 5spd Integra LS, so yeah im sure your legend will crush him.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I hate neons but they're peppy.

The top end(if you can call it that) 2002 model has a 150 hp and does 0-60 in 8.5 seconds. It's also 1100 pounds lighter than our cars.

So when you race him try not to chip his paint... ya know from the rocks shooting out of your back tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts