Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had to decide on what to do since I had to get new tires and I decided that since I'm not selling my car and am going to keep it, I may as well refresh the looks. Anyway, I decided on the 17" Voxx Argus (formerly Fittipaldi Argus) and it has a +45mm offset so now I won't have any problems with lowering. I'll show you pictures. The pic with the Voxx wheels is a photoshop job as I just ordered the wheels today. I should get them later this week and will have new pictures then.

With the Tantrums:

Soon to be with the Voxx Argus:

In case anyone is asking, the Tantrums are sold to JCBMRTN.

Also being ordered this week: Konis, Eibachs, Brembo crossdrilled from Brembo.com, and new pads.

Hopefully I'll get to have it all installed by next week :D:D:D:D

So what do you all think of my new wheels?

·
Registered
583 Posts
[email protected] man, at least you could clean your care before posting pics of it.... :cool: :cool: :cool: Just kidding need the shades for the shine drippin off your ride :D
Looks way cool to me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thai, the pictures show up for me, hmmm, maybe try again and see if it works. AOL FTP sites suck and sometimes the images don't show right away, you have to try it twice.

Sammy, I think I'm going to get the struts/springs from Shox.com unless someone else can recommend somewhere else. They are like $465 or something like that and the eibachs are $215. I can't find a reputable shop to do the install for cheap so I guess I'm going to be taking it to my regular mechanic...$400 :eek: :eek: but I trust him. Oh, I'm also going to be ordering and installing an ingalls camber kit at the same time. I know that the springs will need to settle completely, but I figure that while it's all taken apart, I may as well have it all installed so that I don't have to go back a second time.

I just called shox.com and got the following prices:

Koni: $492
Eibach: $209
K-Mac camber Kit: $209

Total: $910

Installation: $400

Total to drop my ride: $1310

Whew that's alot of dough. I may hold off on ordering the Brembos until May.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's your money, but you should be able to find a better deal on installation at a reputable shop. BTW your gonna love the way your car handles with the new suspension.:)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it's alot of money to spend on labor to install the equipment, but peace of mind means alot to me. And besides, my mechanic will fix anything if anything goes wrong. The only other place that I've found that will do it is kinda shady. It's one of those places that hires all kids to do the work and I've seen some of em, and I don't trust them with my ride. Just my .02 and my $$$. I've already allocated $2200 for all this stuff so I'm good :D.

Brembos are next, can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
$400????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I say too much!! I had my konis and eibach installed for $70. And I'm gonna get camber kit installed with alignment for additional $120 soon. I say you go somewhere else for your installation. Shoks and springs shouldn't be more than $120-$150. Good price on shocks and springs though.

Good luck

93 L coupe 6 speed

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's easier to find a place to install your springs and struts when you have options. There aren't too many option here where I live. It's either take it to somewhere that knows what they are doing, take it to a shade tree mechanic for cheap and risk them messing something up, or do it yourself.

I'm not willing to risk the shade tree mechanics nor the risk of injury with the spring compressors that you can rent, so I'll just pay the dough and suck it up.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
SushiLicious said:

I'm not willing to risk the shade tree mechanics nor the risk of injury with the spring compressors that you can rent, so I'll just pay the dough and suck it up.....
Sushi,
Man, you get your parts, you come to Little Rock and we'll have it done in one afternoon. Then we can drink beer and eat pizza at Vinos. I got a carport, tools, and compressor/air tools, along with 3 auto stores within a mile. I'd be glad to help out.
buk

·
#108 of 144 pairs
134 Posts
Those rims look pretty tight!

:D I think its funny that after sooooooo many people used your Legend pic as a model for trying on rims...

You had to do it too!!!

I remember putting on some CL-S rims from the 99 SEMA show using your Legend and posting it on the OLD, OLD board.

But for real, they look pretty tight!
-stay up Bao!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts