Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i just wanted to start a poll and see what everyone thought about xm radio....i am thinking about getting that and i just keep debating the cost versus the how nice it would be to travel and not loose a signal.
I havea new truck and would like XM in both so i think i am going to go with the sony RF unit and that way i can take it from the acura to the pickup and not have to pay for 2 subscriptions

let me know what you think
later
snowdowg

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's very nice. I think it is well worth it. Of course not all the music are going to be to your taste, but there are plenty to accompany you on the long trip. Now, I don't need to change CD every so often, and I don't need a CD changer anymore. Definitely worth it, and it is even better if you get the Sony RF unit, so you can use it in the car and at home, unlike like mine that is permanently installed in the car.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yeah I say just wait if you can until more manufactures get involved and and watch the deals come in, like free equipment with a 3yr subscription, like the free Nokia cell phones.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I would be with XM radio right now, but I don't want to change my Head Unit, i've heard there are some XM units, which send the data to your Head Unit via FM, but not sure how good that quality would be on that?

·
Registered
397 Posts
What does the average subscription cost? I know the deck isn't cheap at all, but that will change.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can't wait to put it in, but as everyone mentioned, I'm waiting for the price to come down a bit for the equipment. I would love to travel w/o constantly searching for a new station or changing CDs.

·
Registered
397 Posts
LegendGS said:
Currently, it costs $9.99/month for XM service.
G, not only do you ALWAYS have the answers, but to be independently wealthy and cool at the same time... man! I hope I'm still high on your list of "broke a$$" people to adopt one day :D .

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
G, not only do you ALWAYS have the answers, but to be independently wealthy and cool at the same time... man! I hope I'm still high on your list of "broke a$$" people to adopt one day :D .
Hehehe... :D It's all an illusion.... A mirage, some may say. :D:D:D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
I read that the new Cadillac Escalades and Lincoln Gators are coming equiped (standard for 2003) with XM. I'm wait on that. Considering a Caddy Escalade next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.