Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sadly to say, my next upcoming car in a year or so will not be an acura, and quite possibly not even an import. after my legend, i have considered getting a new maxima (i heard they're coming out with a V8 next year?!?) or a TL type s etc. however, lately i've been inclined and very drawn to the SUV market. i have considered many import SUV's but none seem to meet my expectations. don't get me wrong, i'd pick an import over american any day, but with SUV's it seems different for me. i've been leaning towards and highly considering a new Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ. What does everyone think? Yes, no? Any experiences with it, should i stick to import cars? Sorry for the long post, just wanted more opinions on the subject. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
otpions

If you must go the SUV route, you may consider the MDX. Its only a few thousand more than the Trailblazer, and you are getting Acura reliability. If thats too pricey, the Honda Pilot out this summer is an MDX with more modest appointments.

You could also consider an Infiniti G35, or Audi A4/A6 before ruling out any sedan purchase.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Re: otpions

blacura said:
If you must go the SUV route, you may consider the MDX. Its only a few thousand more than the Trailblazer, and you are getting Acura reliability. If thats too pricey, the Honda Pilot out this summer is an MDX with more modest appointments.

You could also consider an Infiniti G35, or Audi A4/A6 before ruling out any sedan purchase.
You know what I realized the other day.
You rarely see MDX's on the road.

Maybe they're due for a price reduction?

·
Registered
847 Posts
yeah, definitely consider the A4 and the G35 before you make any other decisions. And if you really have the $$ and want a semi Sport Utility Vehicle/sedan and not a general SUV(Super Ugly Vehicle), then consider the Audi All Road too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The MDX price should be coming back down to earth this summer, as their new plant increases production. They are also (supposedly) upgrading the engine for '03 to ~260hp

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nsx...i know where you're coming from one of my friends has a blazer it's complete trash. however, the trailblazer is completey different re-designed for '02, 270 horses n everyhing. but whatever. i was def considering the MDX however i found out taht it is a front wheel drive suv when 4 wheel is not turned on. and also it's kind of pricey very close to 40 g's, and also the wheels look really narrow and makes the carseem as if it would tip easily. what does everyone think about a trailblazer tho? i know it's not an ideal choice after driving a legend for so long, but then agian not many choices for a nice SUV out there for not too much money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Test drove a Trailblazer recently, and I was relatively suprised at the initial quality. As a previous GM owner, I assume that the rattles are time-released for 20,000k. With the financing packages GM offers these days, not a bad choice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.