Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has happened to me about 1 month ago and has now happened to me today. Why did my car die imedietely after I started it?!?!?! Another thing I noticed today that I never heard before. When I ran to my house real quick to grab my faceplate for my deck I left the car running when I came back I noticed a sound I never heard before. It was a strange sound that was coming from underneath the car. I popped the hood to see if the sound was under there...No. The sound was coming from under the car. My car is now running fine but I am paranoid to this. Any ideas why my car died and and anything about the sound I heard. I remember when I test drived the car the owner says that I will have to replace the Catalytic Converter in the Spring. I had no clue as my dad was in the car with us too negotiating.Ps. my car is a '91 Legend LS with 134,000 miles on it. It's been well maintained with records that I have. I am the 3rd owner. (The 2nd owner apparnently had oil changes to it every 3,000 miles at an Acura Dealer--What a lazy S.O.B!! :p )
I am only 17 and have plans for my car...I can't wait....!!!!:cool: :D ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't know why it died like that but I may be able to help you out with the sound if you told me what it sounded like. If it's coming from under the middle of the car it may be a small exhuast leak, but I don't know what it sounds like so I can't really help.

G

·
Yeah, I'm having some wierd problems with my Legend too. A wierd creaking noise is coming from underneath the car sometimes it sounds like. It also makes a strange noise too when I turn right, I'm taking the car in for service on monday.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Legend"11 said:
It has happened to me about 1 month ago and has now happened to me today. Why did my car die imedietely after I started it?!?!?! Another thing I noticed today that I never heard before. When I ran to my house real quick to grab my faceplate for my deck I left the car running when I came back I noticed a sound I never heard before. It was a strange sound that was coming from underneath the car. I popped the hood to see if the sound was under there...No. The sound was coming from under the car. My car is now running fine but I am paranoid to this. Any ideas why my car died and and anything about the sound I heard. I remember when I test drived the car the owner says that I will have to replace the Catalytic Converter in the Spring. I had no clue as my dad was in the car with us too negotiating.Ps. my car is a '91 Legend LS with 134,000 miles on it. It's been well maintained with records that I have. I am the 3rd owner. (The 2nd owner apparnently had oil changes to it every 3,000 miles at an Acura Dealer--What a lazy S.O.B!! :p )
I am only 17 and have plans for my car...I can't wait....!!!!:cool: :D ;)
It's a good chance your heat shield may be loose under your car,
making the noise. I had mine removed when this happened.

·
Registered
398 Posts
turning sound

SpeedDemon said:
Yeah, I'm having some wierd problems with my Legend too. A wierd creaking noise is coming from underneath the car sometimes it sounds like. It also makes a strange noise too when I turn right, I'm taking the car in for service on monday.
hey, that turning sound, if it is clicking or creaking, its probably your cv joints (boots). if they are opened, dirt and $*@t gets in and tears it up when you turn. you should probably get both fixed anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts