Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, since I'm considering a legend I must also figure out how much insurance will be. :)

if you could all list who you go with, what your plan is, and how much you pay, that would be awesome. also please tell if you have any tickets/accidents that may be affecting it. I have no tickets on my record, except one that is pending because I was able to use a deferral since before it I had a clean record. So if in six months I don't get another ticket, it disappears.

btw I'm a 19 year old male. the perfect age to get raped on insurance premiums. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Not sure if these folks do business in Washington. but consider:

www.esurance.com

Price out a few Legends.
They give free quotes.

-Jose

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, well the esurance thing didn't work for me, so I tried progressive and geico. Progressive quoted me almost $3000 for six months, and geico quoted me $1700 for six months, does this sound about right? Right now I pay about $1600 a year for my accord. :(

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You may want to try Mercury. I have them and I pay under $1,000 a year...(full comp and collision) $50 deductible + $30/30 day rental....

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I though Hawaii insurace was high. I pay just under $1200 for full coverage for my 95 LS Coupe, and about $1100 full coverage for my 93 LS Coupe. Both have $500 deductables.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My god, are you serious! Did otterizer add an extra zero to the insurance quote? Did that really say $3000 for SIX months coverage. They actually gave you that quote with a straight face? That can't be right can it? 6K a year for automobile insurance. You could basically just buy a new (used) Legend every year with the money. My 92 LS 4 door costs me $490 a year for full coverage in CA. My 91 CRX si actually costs me $148 more a year to drive. I am married and over 30, so that probably helps out too.

But to sum it up, my friend you need to check around and get some more quotes. If thats the going rate for someone your age, driving a Legend, you better get a different ride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, I thought that was a little outrageous when I heard it, glad I'm not the only one.

hmmm..I'm 19, maybe I could get married and have a kid? wouldn't that lower my premium? They'd give me some sort of discount if I had a carseat in the back wouldn't they? :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
otterizer said:
ok, well the esurance thing didn't work for me, so I tried progressive and geico. Progressive quoted me almost $3000 for six months, and geico quoted me $1700 for six months, does this sound about right? Right now I pay about $1600 a year for my accord. :(
yeah man, that sounds about right for your age and stuff like that...when i was looking for insurance, progressive was out of the question at 3g's/6 mo. and geico was 2000, and that is what i went with...i'm 21 now. only way to get much cheaper is if you get on your parent's insurance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
otterizer said:
hey, since I'm considering a legend I must also figure out how much insurance will be. :)

if you could all list who you go with, what your plan is, and how much you pay, that would be awesome. also please tell if you have any tickets/accidents that may be affecting it. I have no tickets on my record, except one that is pending because I was able to use a deferral since before it I had a clean record. So if in six months I don't get another ticket, it disappears.

btw I'm a 19 year old male. the perfect age to get raped on insurance premiums. :rolleyes:
Did you get your legend yet? If not are going to get it from a dealer? If you are you can ask them to help you out with insurance. I'm not saying they can help you out though.

A long time ago, I was thinking about buying a Prelude but the insurance quotes I got were too high. The salesman asked me , "what would it take to get me in the car today". Jokingly I said if you can get me decent insurance for $2000 a year, which was less than half the price of the lowest quote I got. Anyway, he made a quick call and got a quote for like $1800.

I didn't end up getting the car or the insurance. Who knows it could have been the worse insurance company on the planet.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well, here's an advantage to being old. California,Male, 31, divorced,92sedan...$58/month! I used to pay 220/month in Maryland with speeding tickets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts