Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my headlights in my 93 Lengend L. What do you recommend for the brightest white bulb.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
I converted my 9005 (hi-beams) to 9006 (lo-beams). Its a very bright white. I also sanded my head lights down with 600 grit sand paper soad&water, then with 1400 grit soap&water. Then compounded it out with 3m compound. Made a big big difference.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I am a firm believer of high-wattage systems (harness and relays). Currently have a set of Krypton Quartz Super-Whites (80 watt) in the Legend. I also use a Solaire (sp) 80/100 watt Clear in another vehicle using a 9004 application.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Nothing beats HID, but it's not a practical upgrade.

Go for PIAA XTREME SuperWhite. around $80-100 for a pair
In reality, HIDs aren't considered WHITE LIGHT. White LIGHT is considered between 3900 to 4700K. Most HID kits are 5000K and above, which dives into the blue and purple range.

tomas is looking for what I want as well, pure white light. The cheapest thing to do is like what cakedaddy did, but in addition to that, I'd buy the Philips BlueVision (3900K) for $7/each and then do the conversion mentioned followed by the buffing and shining of the headlight covers.

A more expensive route, but even closer to real white is like what you mentioned for the PIAA XTREME SuperWhite's. I believe they operate at a 4300K, which is a bit above smack dab in the middle of the WHITE range on the Kelvin Scale.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
actually u easily can get HID kits at 4300k (i believe SpeedDemon has them) and these are also the OEM HID's on many vehicles

4300k is PURE WHITE, no blue no yellow, thats just where WHITE is on the scale

and 4300k HIDs will give u a MUCH MUCH whiter brighter light then any regular bulbs, like piaa extreme white, hyperwhites, or bluevision, etc

personally id prefer 6000k HIDs, cant wait till i can get my hands on a set of those..................

hope this helps, 1

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
4300k is PURE WHITE, no blue no yellow, thats just where WHITE is on the scale
Where do you get these OEM HID Kits? Most of the HID Kits I've seen are 5000K and above, with most people wanting the newer and more purplish 6000-7000K versions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.