Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired of not having any aftermarket parts made for the car, it being a pain in the arse to work on, having so little low end I cant peel out at all, among other things, so I have decided to sell it.
I have invested alot in this car and have gotten no return. New paint job, greddy cat back, intake, stereo, I am just not happy with it. The car was never meant to be anything but stock I have realized. I need a fun car, like a WRX or S2000, etc...
The Legend is really reliable and luxurious, but it just isnt my cup of tea. I need to mod my cars :)
Any idea on what a 94L Sedan with a greddy, Intake, 17" Epic chrome wheels, new paint job, clear corners, etc... Would be worth? I know aftermarket stuff adds no value, but the car is in really good condition
about 160K tho :(
Also is ebay a good place to sell? Or what would you guys recommend?
Thanks!
-Ryan

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
aftermarket parts actually devalues the car. So you're better off returning the car to stock and sell the aftermarket parts to make more money that way.

BTW: would you be willing to sell your Greddy? Let me know

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Returning your car to stock is your best bet. Then head on over to Edmunds.Com and get the PrivateParty Value on it. Or Kbb.Com

Personally, I wouldn't want to have many other cars other than a Legend.

Cars I would:
Nissan Skyline

Cars I would consider:
SC300
ES300

That's just me though. :D

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
hey i got a 94L sedan also...........and i was gonna put on an intake and exhaust too................u dont really think it helps that much??? i want a performance car too............but i also like the luxury and room of my sedan............but if this car isnt worth spending that much money on...........maybe i shud stop coz its so easy to spend on it.........................wha do ya think..?

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
hey i understand what you are saying about your legend...even though i have no intake or exhaust on my car, i know it really won't do anything to it (speed wise). But you are also comparing two different cars. the S2000 first off is like 30G's and the WRX is up there also. Even then though the S2000 is a roadster convert, while the WRX is a compact 4 door sports car. i want a sportier car, thats why i'm looking for a ls coupe 6-speed. if i were you i'd get the s2000 if it's in your price range. it's not very practical, but it's as sporty for the dollar that you can get. Also aftermarket support for that car is high, check comptech. Maybe i'm being a little bias because the WRX is a cool car, too. AWD 220HP, 6-speed. I think there is good aftermarket support. It's not too bad if you want a 4 door sports car. first figure out if you want a 2 door or 4 door. why not look into a supra or rx-7. lots of aftermarket support and they can be made crazy fast. or even an eclipse gsx. you have lots of options, but just remember that building a car gets really, really, expensive, i think it's good in a sense that we can't do too much to our legends, because i'd be poor and in debt. Besides our legends also bring a luxury factor that no wrx, s2000, or eclipse can bring. latah

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
In my view Legend has almost perfect balance of luxury with performance/sportiness and reliability that one could ask for. There maybe better cars than Legend but for me it is LEGEND!

The only other car that I would consider is may be 7 series. Lexus makes good cars but I personally just don't like them - but thats just me.

I have 2 Legends (both sedans) now and would like to add a coupe (93 and up) to my collection.
if I get a good deal, I;d love to get a 7 series also (95-01 body style)
Both of my Legends are stock and I like them that way.
Best of luck to you in selling your Legend!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts