Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a Prelude front strut bar. I have OEM Suspension...Is it worth getting this strut bar with my OEM Suspension...Will it help? Thanks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
To increase rigidity and helps prevent the fenders to flex like // while you turn.

The prelude strut bar will work, but I don't know how good it is since it's a 3 piece design. The MLS bars are 1 piece.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the prelude strut bar and it works great. It was a big difference.

I have konis so I don't know how much it will help the oem struts. It would definitley help though.

I like that it is three piece because if you need to work on the engine you can just take off the bar and not the mounts.

The one piece mls bar will probably be stronger but that one bolts directly to the top of the strut. That scares me a little bit because I would what to be taking that bolt on and off alot. YOu would have to take the whole bar off to get to the suspension.

The prelude bar does take some customizing to fit though. It was not as easy as I thought but definetly worth it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
henderson said:
The one piece mls bar will probably be stronger but that one bolts directly to the top of the strut. That scares me a little bit because I would what to be taking that bolt on and off alot. YOu would have to take the whole bar off to get to the suspension.
So you don't need to remove the prelude bars to get to your suspension, how??:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
92legend said:
I am thinking about getting a Prelude front strut bar. I have OEM Suspension...Is it worth getting this strut bar with my OEM Suspension...Will it help? Thanks.
a strut tower brace helps minimize the flex that your strut towers have during hard cornering (they flex inward). when you put a bar between the towers, it can't flex as it used to.

when i put my bar on, i didn't really notice a difference, then again i put on my springs too. the effect of a strut tower brace is most pronounced without a suspension upgrade (like springs :))

it's one of the cheapest mods you can do for your buck, but then again, maybe its diff on a legend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts