Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at getting some new kicks for the car. But what is the best offset for a nice flush look...Going 17's for my Legend. Dropped on stock struts and Eibachs. Will be getting some Koni's this spring when I pick up rims.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking at no wider than 8 inches wide. I'm at 7.5 right now want a bit wider. They are flush right now but i have no clue on the specs of my current rims. I'm going either 17 or 18 in size. 8 inch wide is my goal.

edit:it's just the offset im unsure of on my current setup.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
I'm running 17x8 with a 45 offset.. It's not 100% flush but it's fits well lining up with the fenders.. Maybe run a 43..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running 17x8 with a 45 offset.. It's not 100% flush but it's fits well lining up with the fenders.. Maybe run a 43..
If that's your car in your sig with the current offset your running then I may be doing the same offset. I will be looking at some rims soon so if I can find something in that offset I will probably do that. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I am running 8-inch wide wheels with a +60 offset and the wheel is perfectly aligned with the outer edge of the wheel well. I feel anything wider or with a lower offset will jut out or even worse: will strike the suspension arms. You may be able to fudge things with a drop and/or camber modification.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
on my 91 sedan im running 20X8.4 with 35 offset!

·
B.K.A Runa
1,291 Posts
Willie I still dont know how u do it. With such wide wheels and low offset, I would think those would SCRUB something awful. Hell my 19 x 8 40mm rub from time to time. Might just be my struts.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I had 19x8.5 +35 offset on Jasmyn...235/35/19 no rubbing....

It may have to do with a few things...stretch of tire, camber and ride height
So a 19 x 8.5 +38 offset and 225-35-19 will not rub, what about on Koni's an Eibach?

·
Your mothers best friend
981 Posts
Do you think an 18 x 8 +45 offset will work without rubbing on a coupe?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still wanting 17 inch rims. Sorry about the long pause haha. I was focusing my attention on work, my integra and my downhill rig hehe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know this tread is old and but...I just wanted to know how much these rims would stick out from the fenders on a 95 COUPE... here are the specs:
19x8.5x35mm offset front and 19x8.5x35mm rears..

Its my new project car :)

THANKS!

·
Registered
12 Posts
so I'm new with getting rims on cars as I'm 16 and I'm just wondering what does offset mean? because i wanted to get 17 by 7.5 but not quite sure what the offset is sorry for any misspelling

1 - 20 of 20 Posts