Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, it seems my Dad has caught the legend fever and is looking at a black on black 6 speed '93 Coupe w/200k miles on it. It has been well maintained, no symptoms of BHG but it needs a new clutch. What would be a good offer (or what is the car worth, ballpark of course). Cosmetically I would rate it an 8.9/10. My Dad really wants the car but does not want to pay too much for something that old (especially if it already needs a new clutch).

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
The guy started by asking about $4000, latest I've seen him is asking $3450. Believe he has stated it is well taken care of but doesn't have paper work to back it up. At this age, it is what you are willing to pay as you can't really test drive it if the clutch is bad.

·
Making Legends Rare.....
1,443 Posts
If this is the one I think it is, ask Tyson. I believe him and I came to the conclusion it wasn't worth more than $3,000 "TOPS" if that. There was more wrong with it than just a clutch and it needed some exterior work, including a hood.

·
Road Trip King
4,673 Posts
Brandon, it's not worth even $1,500. Are you sure you would rate it an 8.9?!

Let me upload some pictures I took when I went to look at it. The guy hasn't taken care of it at ALLLLL.

The basics: needs hood, bodywork, paint, carpet is ripped and torn up, has an alarm system and radar detector wired all throughout the interior, dash is falling apart, center console isn't mounted correctly, tires are bald, and the stereo looks like it is from about the mid-80's.

Scott's a nice guy, he's just high on price and he hasn't taken care of his Legend. Would be fun to restore it, but it's not worth what he's asking. The biggest red flag ever? He says the car has been in Arizona since 1994 but yet it has New York plates and has rust starting on one of the rear quarter panels. I've NEVER seen an Arizona car rust out. Something's fishy.

This thing would take a few solid DAYS for me to get clean enough for my standards.

Did you guys ever sell the DM sedan? Tell your dad I said hey...

·
Making Legends Rare.....
1,443 Posts
Brandon, it's not worth even $1,500. Let me upload some pictures I took when I went to look at it. The guy hasn't taken care of it at ALLLLL. Hold on for some pics here shortly...
Yeah, I couldn't remember what we decided price wise I just knew we had decided it wasn't worth my time or I would have already been drudging up ways to buy it.

Tyson knows the owner of this one, as only an acquaintance I think, but it looks like a much better deal.

1995 Acura Legend 2D Coupe - Luxury (LS) Model - Good Condition

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
dam hwo the hell did the steering wheel get like that...omg look at them mats...thats sad. 1500 if he is lucky. hwo did it run any signs of bhg

·
A Pinnacle of Performance
214 Posts
jesus i'm loving that custom setup in front of the radiator in the 5th pic !! Dually sick plastic air horns, what looks like a shot ballast mounted to a mangled jerry-rigged steel strip, and some well-placed wire I'd use for installing some power outlets in the walls of my house snaking all over the place. Makes me think :wtf: If Tysons pics are correct I'd say stay clear unless your gonna give it some genuine TLC and there isn't a BHG.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANKS TYSON! Yeah, I am still up here in Flagstaff and I just rated it that to help with a ballpark (if it happened to be that good). Also, I was judging just by what he told me over the phone and the few pics he had but damn maybe $1250, that thing looks beat up. Well, this is going to save my Dad some time, I will give him the link to this thread with Ty's pictures (thanks again Ty). Well, whatever it is worth somebody could restore it but that person is not going to be my Dad or me. Too bad too, I hate to see Legends that are not well taken care of.

·
Factory Freak!
1,637 Posts
Well I love my car to death and really take care of it but his body is in hella better shape then mine. On the other hand my engine bay and interior (excluding seats:rolleyes: ) are cleeeeeean! I'd pay 1,200 and just work on it for a week with trips to and from the salvage. I bet it would be really nice with some degreaser and carpet shampoo, realign the console, rip out extra wires, swap out the cd player etc etc. For less than $2,500 total that would be in almost perfect condition not including rust. Although, it is a L...

·
Road Trip King
4,673 Posts
not including rust.
I know this thread is ancient and the guy may have cleaned up his car a little before he listed it on Ebay (not likely), but this car was rougher than even the pictures make it look. And I will say this -- it DOES have rust. The car had New York plates on it and it was obvious it had spent some considerable time in the northeast. Rust starting on the rear quarter panels. A parts car for $700, maybe. But anything beyond that is just insane for this car. IMO.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
yea I completely agree Tyson...he's asking waaaaay too much

1 - 14 of 14 Posts