Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,476 Posts
Its a small damper that prevents your glove box from slamming down when you open it. The plastic piece on the end of yours is broken but normally theres a clip there that connects to something under the dash. This is what it looks like connected:

I think you can still buy the clip but I'll have to do some searching to find it.

·
has left the building
7,314 Posts
What you have won't hook to anything because the clip that's hanging off the end of the cord is broken. It's called a damper assembly and you have to buy the whole thing just to get that clip. If you look up behind where the glove box usually is, you should be able to see the broken end. P/N is 77774-SP0-A12 and it's called "DAMPER ASSY., GLOVE BOX". Cost should be $15-20 and it's #42 in this pic:

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
LOL i noticed that too when i was doing the blower motor DIY
mine was broken like yours so i just super glued it back.. its really useful, doesnt make your car look cheap when you open the glove box ^__^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.