4,039 Posts
automatic?

seems a bit high.

my 6speed 80mph rpm is near 2200 rpms.
:)

·
Registered
541 Posts
i believe mine is 3300RPM @80...but at 90 its at 3800-4100? i dunno..gunna have to see again.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
yah my Coupe is an auto... If the RPM is high what could be the problem..
Change the tranny fluid a few times, w/ Honda ATF, then test it out again, what do you think?

-Jose

·
Registered
166 Posts
Try using the engine restorer thing. I used to get above 3k rpms when going 80mph. but after I used the 6-cylinder engine restorer thing (at Walmart for $5.99) twice after oil changes the rpm is under 3k when going about 80, approx. 2800~2900. When going 60 I used to get 2500 flat but now I get around 2300. Can't really feel the power difference but the rpm definitely settled down a bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jose3030 said:

Change the tranny fluid a few times, w/ Honda ATF, then test it out again, what do you think?

-Jose
I just had my tranny fluid changed by acura a month ago..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
Mine is around 3150 Thai - Type II
May want to have the 60k service done.
Yeah i'll probably have to wait until May when I come home to do that...:(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just measured mine the other day, when I saw another similar post to yours, and was surprised that I was at about 2800 RPM with my type I 5 speed . I think it's probably due to the outside diameter of my wheel being a little larger than stock. Then again if that's the case after speedo correction I'm cruising over 80 at 2800. I would get your car checked out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
KenS hit the nail on the head.
It is totally dependant on your actual tire diameter vs. what stock actual tire diameter size is.
If your taller than stock, less rpm, if your smaller than stock, more rpm....
I'd compare a stock size to what your running before I assumed anything was wrong.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
what is the "60k service"

when you do a "60k service" What does that include?

I have no clue.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Bukowski=Legend said:
KenS hit the nail on the head.
It is totally dependant on your actual tire diameter vs. what stock actual tire diameter size is.
If your taller than stock, less rpm, if your smaller than stock, more rpm....
I'd compare a stock size to what your running before I assumed anything was wrong.
why would it matter? the speedo is calibrated to the stock tire diameter. so if he put smaller or larger diameter tires wouldnt make a difference when the speedo gear is turning the set speed for 80mph. all the tires change is the ACTUAL speed...right?

·
187 Posts
Hey thai,
I'm running exactly the same RPM as you at 80mph, as well as 60mph. I had my 90k service done at at Acura, and also did a tranny flush with honda ATF. Nothing changed after the service. Oh, and i'm running stock 15s on my sedan, auto... So yer not tripping. It seems somewhat normal, or is it?

·
Registered
583 Posts
RICDOGG said:

why would it matter? the speedo is calibrated to the stock tire diameter. so if he put smaller or larger diameter tires wouldnt make a difference when the speedo gear is turning the set speed for 80mph. all the tires change is the ACTUAL speed...right?
Talkin rpm not mph. RPM is based on total gearing. Actual tire heigth is part of the final gear ratio.
The speedo and tach are not tied together in any way. They operate independently of each other.
If your not running stock heigth tires, your speedo will be off, but your tach will reflect the actual rpm that the motor is running regardless of indicated speed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts