Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
That looks like a pretty universal type pipe that would fit on many cars. Also, how the hell is that guy gonna claim he gets 6hp TO THE WHEELS from an intake thats not even cold air induction??? Sounds to me like he's full of it :p I just had a custom cold air intake mad for me using one pipe I already had and another one that was cut out of a civic or integra pipe. The entire thing cost me 80 bucks installed WITH a new filter. If you do go with cold air, don't forget the bypass valve (about 45 bucks).

-GR

·
Registered
327 Posts
The pipe looks just like the Weapon-R pipe and well the filter is K&N. I think it is a good price for what you get. I have the WR pipe and filter with the carbin fibre upgraded pipe and paid $210.00 plus shipping so I think that is a good deal. You can go out a buy a dragon filter from wr for like $40.00 and use that pipe and no one will know but you:D

As for horsepower, when I bought there's they sent something saying that these pipes/filters where dyno tested at 10HP so I think is ok by saying 6HP when probably both will give 2-3hp.

Good Luck

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
K&N filter, generic tube.

That's just a generic K&N filter that is used on hundreds of applications. K&N does not make this kit.

A lot of info is incorrect from this guy. Gen II Legends are from 1991 to 1995 first of all. And the TCS model needs a shorter intake tube. So his kit shouldn't fit "all Legends." And what's this nonsense he talking about? Trying to downplay other types of filters by saying, "We don't use cheap garbage filters that rust in a month like other people here on EBAY sell"? How does any filter rust? It's either made of paper, foam, or cotton. What a dumbass. I wouldn't buy from him for these reasons alone.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Try the intake from importtoys. www.importtoys.com
There is a guy named marcus that works there, he can hook u up. You can pm him on this forum at importtoys, i got my intake that looks exactly like that one for $82 including shipping. it looks and sounds nice, and is legend specific. Hope this helps
Peace
Tnelson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts