Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Polish

Votes: 5 10.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Currently a tie between chrome and silver. Does that mean we are equally concerned with the "bling bling" as we are with a perfomance look in this group???

·
Registered
166 Posts
I drove a Legend with some 18" chrome wheels, and it felt to slow for me, Though you have to respect the "Bling" effect that chrome wheels gives Legends. When I get wheels im going to go with Silver 17's as light as I can get.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Legend O Power said:
I drove a Legend with some 18" chrome wheels, and it felt to slow for me, Though you have to respect the "Bling" effect that chrome wheels gives Legends. When I get wheels im going to go with Silver 17's as light as I can get.
I agree. u want LUXURY? Chrome I think is the way, except it slows u down :( but it looks nicer :D If u think about it, if u put racing rims, doesn't make it RICER? My thoughts....
Latin..............

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Chrome Rims don't really weigh that much more, all that plating only adds maybe to about 1-1.25lbs per wheel.

I think it has to do with the wheel brand themselves, Most of the "Bling Bling" wheels that you see around are all 1-Piece made, thus they are heavy. Wheels like Lexani, Giovanna, Alba, Azzur, Bazo......

I've got some Chrome 3-piece 20 x 9 Lowenhart LD1 and they are light as hell. Just need a BMW 540i 6spd to go with it though.

http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels_by_brand.html?stage=2&brand=Lowenhart&model=LD1

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's a very nice website u got there TYPEII, it showed me 189 rims for my car!!!!!! Latin...........

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't think racing rims will be rice. If you ask me rice is doing something to your car that just gives it the show without the go. Racing rims are definately all about the go. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
424 Posts
True, true, disregard wot I said, I was thinking more BLING BLING than anything else lol. Latin.............

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I believe that the finish has to do with the type of rim it is. I've seen those lowenhart LD 1 in silver and they didn't look as good as the chrome ones did. It all has to also do with what the owner wants.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think it depends on the colour of the car !! I have Chrome on mine ( they aren't much heavier) because I have a dark coloured car... On lighter coloured cars, I like the silver better...
My thoughts..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like the "bling bling" effect but it is waaaayyyy to heavy

·
Registered
41 Posts
you don't typically have to have chrome in order to achieve the luxury look....my 17 silvers here..

I'll post better pics of my ride when photopoint goes back up...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thai,

The Superlights are no longer "marketed" (the wheel was actually manufactured by SSR) by MOMO. I believe it's the only wheel MOMO ever had prodcued in Japan. It was MOMO's attempt to get into the Japanese import scene (high offset) back in the late 90's. Unfortunately, the market was saturated with 5 spoke wheels and @ $628 wheel it was out of reach for most of us.

Good luck in your search, matter of fact if you find a source.let me know as I'd like to have a spare one.

Regards,

Sherm

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I prefer silver. Silver rims are generally less expensive, weigh less, and are easier to maintain especially in crappy weather. I wouldn't get as upset about having some silver rims on when a snow storm hit than if I had chrome rims on.

Plus, silver rims are just more sporty to me, and that is the look I want for my legend. It really just comes down to a matter of preference. If I had my way, I would have some nice chromes for bling-bling, and silvers for the other time. But money doesn't grow on trees. ;) :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts