1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
u want a 9006 for low beams
and a 9005 for high id go with silvinia silver stars in all 4

· is gone with the wind ...
1,019 Posts
dHYUN said:
whats the life like of the silvania's or the PIAA's comapred to the standard halogens? do you have problems with them burning the housing?
Some members have reported short life span of Silverstars. I haven't had a problem and mine have been installed (both 9005 and 9006) for over a year.
They are a good inexpensive solution to more visual brightness and a better look. When people comment that they are not really brighter, rather have a different temperature spectrum, they are correct. However, the human visual system is tuned better to that spectrum and thus the real working brightness (lumens means nothing) is actually better.
Regarding the rain performance of the other post .... what???!!!???? I have no idea what this means. Would be the same for any bulb in the same housing IMO.

I have no experience with the PIAAs and cannot comment.

· Registered
466 Posts
PIAA, They are much better!!

I bought the 6sp with the PIAA installed already. The sedan has the standard. The difference is remarkable. I am using the silverstars in the Passport, and they did not provide any more visability. PIAA is my choice but I tried some other lights in my Civic Si that have a toucan on the label (I don't remember the name) and they were phenomenal. I will try to find the name but they were from Japan.

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
I have Eurolites and i love them. I had silverstars in for a while, but when I got the eurolites, I just liked them better due to the whiter light. I put my silverstars into my gf's cavalier, and they have been going strong for about 2 years. I've also had my euroiltes for about 2 years with no problems at all.

BTW, Hondaman23, were the lights in your civic Eurolites? They are made by a company called Toucan Industries (same company that makes Ractive and other imports performance parts). My Eurolites had a small toucan on the label as well.

· Registered
466 Posts
That's IT!

SuperCoupe93 said:
I have Eurolites and i love them. I had silverstars in for a while, but when I got the eurolites, I just liked them better due to the whiter light. I put my silverstars into my gf's cavalier, and they have been going strong for about 2 years. I've also had my euroiltes for about 2 years with no problems at all.

BTW, Hondaman23, were the lights in your civic Eurolites? They are made by a company called Toucan Industries (same company that makes Ractive and other imports performance parts). My Eurolites had a small toucan on the label as well.
Yeah, that is the ones. I tried finding the case those came in but could not. As soon as I saw the name I remembered "Thats the ones!"

Highly recommend the Eurolites!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.