Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LS adds over the L in general a passanger front power seat, front heated seats, automatic climate control, an upgraded BOSE system, real wood trim (as opposed to fake wood).

Also, depending on the year and trim, for the Coupe in 1993-95 it adds 16" rims, Tranction Control, and painted lower trims.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Chris, 93 Coupe LS don't have painted lower trim. Still like the old style. Black lower trim................., but yes, what makes the LS really matters is the automatic climate control. But, if me, the power passanger seat, heated seats and auto climate control is really matter for me. Different people are different though.

G

·
LeoLegendATL said:
I have heated mirrors.:p
Me three!

BTW, the heated seats keeping the pizza warm... **** I want heated seats... I luv Pizza!:D

Also I would consider real wood as a insintive to buy an LS as well as climate control!:D

·
Registered
847 Posts
heated mirrors on 92 L sedan

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
otterizer said:
I'm looking at an L Sedan right now, 110k miles, manual, for $6000, but no other details. It is black. Can someone tell me what makes the L different from the LS?
The only thing worth on the LS versus the L is in my opinion (what I would want):

A) Automatic Climate Control
B) Real Wood Trim

Why I would not want the other components of the LS:

A) The Powered Front Passenger Seat is not worth it in my opinion. It's hard enough and slow enough to manuever the driver's power seat to allow rear occupants to get out, in the event the passenger side is inaccessible.

B) The heated seats are nice, but as I've discovered with using my L is, I use that cup holder a lot and when the cup starts sweating, it'll start dripping and it just so happens to be that it drips in that area where the heated seats controls are. With me and my paranoia, I'm afraid that it'll just short-circuit and thus, no more heated seats.

C) Upgraded BOSE System. Perhaps, but if I want to replace the speakers using the OEM system, I have to only use Bose or other 2-ohm speakers (which aren't that many and don't sound good with the Bose processing).

D) The body-colored "ground effects" look cool and keep the car looking sleek, but I've seen too many 5h!tty ground effects parts almost partly hanging on cars while driving and with paint all scraped. Just ruins the look, while with the plastic ones, it's barely noticeable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's a 91 if that helps. The auto climate control sounds pretty sweet, but I'm used to the dials and switches so I think I could live without that, same with the passenger side power seat and front heated seats. although it would definitely be cool to have all that stuff. I guess I'll just grab the first legend I see that has the right amount of miles, the right price, and the right color. :)

Thanks!! I really appreciate all your guy's help!

Chris

·
Registered
282 Posts
i got heated mirrors too...

but i never use them.. what's the point?????

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
rquest77 said:

Obviously you don't live in a place that's buried under 4 foot of snow 4 month out of the year.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: Re: What makes an LS better than an L?

asianlegend said:

Why I would not want the other components of the LS:

A) The Powered Front Passenger Seat is not worth it in my opinion. It's hard enough and slow enough to manuever the driver's power seat to allow rear occupants to get out, in the event the passenger side is inaccessible.

B) The heated seats are nice, but as I've discovered with using my L is, I use that cup holder a lot and when the cup starts sweating, it'll start dripping and it just so happens to be that it drips in that area where the heated seats controls are. With me and my paranoia, I'm afraid that it'll just short-circuit and thus, no more heated seats.

C) Upgraded BOSE System. Perhaps, but if I want to replace the speakers using the OEM system, I have to only use Bose or other 2-ohm speakers (which aren't that many and don't sound good with the Bose processing).
In a sedan power passenger seat would not be a hassle at all:p
also the heated seats switches would not short out because of dripping from the cups, it's just not possible, maybe if you spill a whole cup of drink on it.
IMO the upgraded BOSE system is actually a downgrade, it's a peice of crap to begin with and it's inability for upgrade is just a hassle.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

Obviously you don't live in a place that's buried under 4 foot of snow 4 month out of the year.
Don't you hate the midwest.... :)

Heated mirrors would have really helped when I was driving my Accord in IL. It's so scary when you can't see through your windshield, your side mirrors are frosted over, and the side and rear windows are shot as well. I have to drive with my head sticking out, braving -30 degree weather.

·
Registered
890 Posts
LS all the way........ If you buy the first Legend you can get your hands on, a better one will pop up a few days later... I almost fell for a red '89 G1 L coupe, sat on the decision for awhile, and along came a black '91 G2 LS sedan at the same car lot THE DAY I WAS GOING TO BUY THE '89. You can guess what I own now.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What makes an LS better than an L?

WhiteLegend said:

In a sedan power passenger seat would not be a hassle at all:p
also the heated seats switches would not short out because of dripping from the cups, it's just not possible, maybe if you spill a whole cup of drink on it.
IMO the upgraded BOSE system is actually a downgrade, it's a peice of crap to begin with and it's inability for upgrade is just a hassle.
Its true, sometimes I wish my LS Coupe power seats had a manual override lever. It takes too long at times to move teh seat around. But thats okay :) Also, while I agree that the BOSE Premium is nothing special, it isn't really any harder than any other stereo system to upgrade. I've upgraded mine with no problems. I've use the stock head unit with signal processors, amps, speakers, Alpine CD changers and what not.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
rquest77 said:

It helps quite a bit in areas in the morning where there is dew on your car and on the mirrors or in cases of extreme cold weather (i.e. winter season in everywhere but SoCal, especially North to North-East). It looks better than wiping it and leaving watermarks on your mirrors :(. It's like your defroster removing that film of water off from the inside of your windows. It removes it seemlessly leaving no mark or trace! :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
LS OVER L ALL THE WAY ! I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO AN L !
I owned a 91 L coupe for a little while and now i am getting a 94 LS coupe.
nothing compares. now i get :
type 2 230 hp engine
dual power seats
power steering wheel tilt
auto a/c
real wood console
cup holder !!!!!!!
heated seats (dont need in miami but who cares ill take it)
awesome bose system (that is loud and powerful. i love that system top of the line for legends
gs rims
lower body kit color painted (kicks L ass any day) sorry
traction control
automatic headrests ??? so i have heard
THE LS IS PURE LUXURY AND MAKES THIS CAR WORTH EVERY PENNY AT $43,000 BRAND NEW !
did i miss anything?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.