Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The amount of the repair depends upon who performs the repair, $500 is not uncommon for minor repairs by the dealer. Wear & tear will vary based on mileage, but not an accurate gauge for the Legend. Here's a list of common problem I'm aware of for Legends:

1. Leaky radiators (top plastic tank)
2. Faulty speed sensor
3. Door acculators
4. Rough idle/fluctating idle
5. Defective Throttle Body (recalled)
6. Warped rotors

Legends with high mileage should be concerned with these costly expenses which could be prevented with good maintance:

- Head Gasket (overheating leading cause)
- Failing tranny
- Timing Belt + Water Pump Service

Otherwise the Legend is a very reliable car but the cost of replacement parts are so expensive (OEM parts) it makes thee Legend a High Maintance car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I recently had my clutch replaced and it was well over $500 including a new flywheel. I bought an aftermarket clutch kit, but was quoted from the dealership $780 for clutch and bearings and another $280 for a flywheel, plus 8 hrs. of labor at $79 an hour! As MC_ said OEM parts are very expensive! By the way my old clutch started slipping at 151k.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Tranny @ 122k on my 90L Coupe. Previous owner must have not taken good care of it. The tranny failed within the 30day warranty. Then they tried to make us pay half of the cost.. after a quick threat to file lawsuit for selling a bad car... they payed it all. But they used regular Tranny Oil :( I recently switched it to HondaATF. Much Much Better.

No other major problems so far.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had my valve seals replaced at 150k. The original price was quoted at $1,100. But I got MAJOR hookup for $400 from my dads' machanic. It runs perfect now.

Another major repair I had was replacing A/C hose and refill R12. But that costs only $350 at 145k.

G

·
0 Posts
MC_ said:
1. Leaky radiators (top plastic tank)
2. Faulty speed sensor
3. Door acculators
4. Rough idle/fluctating idle
5. Defective Throttle Body (recalled)
6. Warped rotors
When you say Door Acculators, do you mean Door Lock Actuators, or are they 2 different things? How did you know that there was something wrong with them becasue I think that I may need to replace them too. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
LEGEND_101 said:
I had my valve seals replaced at 150k. The original price was quoted at $11,000. But I got MAJOR hookup for $400 from my dads' machanic. It runs perfect now.

Another major repair I had was replacing A/C hose and refill R12. But that costs only $350 at 145k.
$11,000? or $1,000?

·
Registered
70 Posts
A couple of things for my 91 Sedan:

1) Needed new Rear-cross Member:

I was trying to place shims to adjust the Rear Camber to be within Specs and when the mechanic took a bolt off , the rear cross member bolt/area was stripped. I needed to purchase a used cross-member from a junk yard - Part was 175 and labor was around 225. Not quite 500 but enough to bother me.

2) Timing Belt and 120K service. $950

3) New A/C compressor and install $850est. (this will be done shortly)

4) Sensors! Speedo sensor and left rear ABS sensor. both totaled around 450.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The A/C blew cold air but made some funny loud noises. I had it checked out by an Acura mechanic and determined the A/C compressor was shot. Decided to disconnect and remove the belt running the compressor, and during the spring time install a new one. Acura of Augusta sells them for $670 while my local dealer ship sells for around $850. I have my own Acura mechanic do the work for considerably less....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Timing belt/water pump package
90K mile service
Antenna mast
Rear tranny mount
Rear brakes
plus labor= $1700
Car runs perfect.

Tomorrow I go in for oil change and to have my idle and front brakes checked. I am also getting some of that 44K put in and something called induction clearing where they clear out my throttle body and valves. Probably looking at less than $75 for this unless there is a big problem with my low idle or brakes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
New rim around $500. If I cant find it(discontinued) I have to buy a new set approx. $1600

1 - 13 of 13 Posts