Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I do to increase performance on my car and still keep it nice and quiet!?!? I know many of you like the VROOOOOM sound made with custom exhaust and intake but that isn't for me on my Sedan (I'm going straight for luxury over performance!) Maybe on my future car?!? But anyway what should I do to increase hp but not the sound? K&N Filter??? Anything else?? Tips or suggestions please!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Go with a intake and a Remus. The exhaust sounds nearly the same, but deeper, with performance increase. Nothing like those "fart" mufflers on the Civics and Integras. I think the Remus looks more classier than the Greddy. The intake will only be heard around 3500-4500 RPM's, it makes the engine intake sound deeper. These mods will run you $650-800.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I see!

The "fart" is what I dislike I don't want that at all. You said the exhaust will sound deeper? Put it this way when I'm mobbin' will people turn to look at me because of how fat my car is and the stereo thumpin or the muffler???I really don't mind the sound of the intake come to think of it I just don't want that civic and integra sound that ya'll know I'm talking about. I want the sound to sound like a legend is supposed to. Thanks Dawk

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
ok first off get the intake first and see if that is all you want. The exhaut sounds great you cant barely hear it till full throttle but its a deep sound its very nice. Noone will look to see what is farting its a very nice exhaust system. I would get the intake first though considering its only like $150-$200

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
your muffler is nice i like it leon. Hell no the Greddy doesnt fart but it is more ricy sounding but i mean no matter what muffler u put on or exhaust its going to sound pretty good unlsess u just go overboard.

G

·
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
SpeeddEmon heard mine last night and he seemed impressed
Took me a second to realize what you were talking about. I was like, is he talking about me ;) ?!?! Then I remembered, I didn't realize that that was your Remus, from what I remember though it did sound very nice :D :cool:

G

·
CODY690 said:
your muffler is nice i like it leon. Hell no the Greddy doesnt fart but it is more ricy sounding but i mean no matter what muffler u put on or exhaust its going to sound pretty good unlsess u just go overboard.
When you say ricy sounding, what do you mean? I was under the impression that the Greddy sounds deep and throaty, but is a lot like the remus, just a little louder.

UPDATE: Woohoooo! That was my 600th Post ;)

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
yeah i am trying to decide wat i want, the Greddy or the Remus.............i know the Remus is more classy and its quiet at normal driving.......but still deep and aggressive at WOT.............and the Greddy is louder............but how loud is it really.............and how "ricey" is it..........i really dont want the super riced up civic sound.....................its so gay

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Greddy doesn't sound rciey on the LEgends..my boy has a 92 5 speed and it was rather deep, just louder than mine, Cody...on other underpowered vehicles, no no. Not a good idea.
Greddy - looks better on Coupes
Remus both/ more for the sedan.

So if I was going to get it, I'd get the REmus on the sedan and the Greddy on the coupe (if I had to choose, and couldn't have both the same)

G

·
Leon, I think that you hit the nail on the head. That is why I really want to get the Greddy, cause I think that it will look tight on my coupe. I've seen it on a Sedan though, and if done right it can look pretty nice too.

BTW, for anybody else that would be interested, I'm still trying to get more people for the Greddy group buy. We already can get them for $520 shipped, once we get 10 people though it drops down to $487.50 shipped. Those are some good prices, and if you are trying to decide whether you want to do the Greddy now or later, now is definitely the time to jump on it, cause that price is never going to be seen again most likely. They usually go for like $575 shipped.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Lets also not forget that the GReddy is a catback system and the remus is just a muffler (i think). Am I right? Anyway, if I am, this could also play a part in your decision since the power gains will be slightly greater with a catback than just a muffler. The problem is that if you have no other mods, the exhaust won't make that much of a power difference anyway.

-GR

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
i have a seattle silver coupe and i think the remus would look so good on my car buy im broke as a joke. I have heard the Greddy on a coupe around here some girl drives its all the car has on it so im guessing she bought it like that but it sounds really good. I havent herd the Remus in person though.

ps i think the Remus is a full cat back. I hope it is i wouldnt pay the price they are asking unless it was

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Both the Legend Specific Remus and Greddy exhausts are Catback. I like the Remus since it looks more refined, but both are expensive and currently seems to available mainly thru 3rd party to be shipped here overseas. Those civics/integras/etc... exhausts w/ those 1 big hole exhaust really ticks me off. My neighborhood has quite a few of them and they intend on waking everyone up in the middle of the night w/ their big ole fart butts holes. One of these days, i'm gonna sit on my roof and take out their tires w/ my Remington.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess I'll go with a remus

I have a 91 Sedan LS and the Remus seems (based on this thread) to be the one that catches my eye the most. What intake should I go with that will be ideal for the Remus!??!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts