Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted a late 80s, eary to mid 90s Legend to serve as the second car in the household, what is it I need to look for? Which year is the piviotal year? When do timing chains need to be replaced? What are the correct, Legend specific questions to ask when looking at one? I am a life long Mercedes driver and an automotive DIYer. Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks Loads.
AzBob

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
azbob213 said:
If I wanted a late 80s, eary to mid 90s Legend to serve as the second car in the household, what is it I need to look for? Which year is the piviotal year? When do timing chains need to be replaced? What are the correct, Legend specific questions to ask when looking at one? I am a life long Mercedes driver and an automotive DIYer. Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks Loads.
AzBob
well basically youre looking for the first 2 generations of the Legend
1st Generation was from 1986-1990
2nd Generation was from 1991-1995

you could look in the 2nd generation forum and read through the Newbie FAQ, theres a list of all the maintenence requirements at each mileage interval, and other useful info... and one of the main problems that youd face with the G2 (91-95) is overheating and blown headgaskets...if you buy a G2 with no problems, just make sure you keep it from overheating and you shouldnt have any major problems with the headgasket...youre not a newbie to cars, you shouldnt have a problem doing that lol

id say you repost this in both the 1st and 2nd gen forums or preferrably in Off-Topic so you could get alot more answers

in here, youd probably get answers mostly from the G1 (86-90) guys...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.