1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting:
Tokico HP Premium Performance Strut Kits
Eibach Pro-Kit Premium Springs
Does anyone know of any better or cheaper alternatives?
Also how much is the shop likely to charge for this work?

I'd really appreciate any help!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey, fokiohero,
I just got done with my 88. Look for "did the drop" message under performance/mods.... left instructions.
I like the Intrax springs that I have.
If your gonna use Tokico's, I have a set of new rears for sale in the for sale section that will help save you a little.

·
Registered
386 Posts
HERES A TIP ON LOWERING A G1!!!!!!!

Since Eibach is suppose to be one of the premier manufacturers of lowering springs I plan to go with Ground Control springs. Ground Control has a adjustable spring set-up that will allow you to adjust the height of your car to your liking. The set-up cost a little more than a regular spring and strut set-up does but, being able to adjust the height of my car more than makes up for the difference in the long run. I can give my car a really low stance for shows, during winter I can raise it to help combat those really snowy days and then I can adjust it when spring comes to the height I like for everyday use. So your see having an adjustable spring set-up has its advantages.:)

G

·
Re: HERES A TIP ON LOWERING A G1!!!!!!!

Mr. Bigs said:
Since Eibach is suppose to be one of the premier manufacturers of lowering springs I plan to go with Ground Control springs. Ground Control has a adjustable spring set-up that will allow you to adjust the height of your car to your liking. The set-up cost a little more than a regular spring and strut set-up does but, being able to adjust the height of my car more than makes up for the difference in the long run. I can give my car a really low stance for shows, during winter I can raise it to help combat those really snowy days and then I can adjust it when spring comes to the height I like for everyday use. So your see having an adjustable spring set-up has its advantages.:)
I'm confused :confused:, what does Eibach have to do with Ground Control? If you like Eibachs then why not just get the eibachs ;).

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I believe they use Eibach springs in their setup.
Don't forget that u have to get the alignment done everything you adjust them.

Esti

·
Registered
386 Posts
GROUND-CONTROL SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!

Esti is correct. When ground-control set out to make a coil over set-up they chose Eibach because of their reliability, durability, and logevity. Not to mention the springs should last longer than the car. Thats not to say that no one else makes a good spring set-up but, in the sport compact arena Eibach is ranked high as one of the best.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts