Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nah!!!

I think they got it ALL wrong!

The worst and most aggressive drivers are the ones who drive those huge buckets (fleetwoods, coupe de villes, crown victoria's, etc..) because they straight up don't care about anybody on the road simply because their car would easily demolish any other car without a simple scratch to theirs.

How many times have you seen a bucket just whip it out into your lane or in front of you or come toward you fast on a side road...simply because they could care less. You are going to move out of there way...and if you challenge them then you are simply dumb and asking to get wrecked...while their 1000 dollar auction "boats" come out of an accident virtually untouched. Those were the days before such things as crumple zones and all that safety stuff.

Just my opinion but I'm sure many of you have noticed this...especially in cities.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
It's amusing how innaccurate that is about every car there... I love how they rate BMW drivers...

Well accourding to that article I need to get a big ass system, remove my glasses and get a pair of sun glasses, oh and recline my seat all they way back so I can't reach the wheel and place my head securly in my bottom hole. :D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yeah I like the BMW one too also the Jag.
With Acura though I must disagree I think he has ricers on the brain.
And it shows that its only his perspective only his observations and apparently he dosen't drive or visit the ghetto's

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
I agree with everything he or she said about the acura drives. I fit every description except for the hair jel statement. I use jerry curl activator. :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
actually, of most of the innaccurate ones there, i agree with the Acura one and the Expidition one. I've got to admit, im one of the stereotyped Acura drivers with the seat reclined and the need to show off my ride. BUt i do have a high attention span and im a very careful driver.
And i also do believe that the Acura nameplate has become the "i wanna be rich, but im not so ill buy an Acura". Sorry to say, but its really true, esp with the acuras selling so cheap now.
Also ive seen so many "pimped" 1st gen TL's with all aorund silver tint, chromie wheels and reclined seats.

·
Registered
847 Posts
AHAHAHA, THE BMW ONE IS SO TRUE AROUND MY AREA~ AHAHAHA

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think the rating for Acura drivers is NOT all correct (more like 20% correct). Not every punk kid can afford RLs or TL-S you think? What he should state is that he refers them to mostly Integras or 1st gen CLs or like someone said "riceboys." Although I do see some Acura drivers performing stunts like mentioned, but they're mostly 40-50ish people, nicely dressed, career oriented. Not any 20ish kid with tons of gel on their heads.

And about the rating on BMW drivers I agree 110%. It's sooooo true. They can't drive worth of sht. Their aggression level should be 15+. Jus my opinion.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Oh no... 20-something... tinted windows... lowered... system thumping... HAIR GEL... they got me.... they got me...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmmm....I'm 30, seats upright, no hair gel, and definite hand wave and safe driving.....nope...that Acura description is definitely WRONG!

·
Registered
427 Posts
i'm not sure about the rest but they are right about the mercedes benz being asses. i remeber a couple times where mercedes tries to cut me off and i end up having to brake i hate thoes *****es just because they have a nice car don't mean that its so fast that they can cut anyone. however the epinion is probably right about how the benz drivers think they don't have equal share of the raod, oh please to the snooty old benz drivers who think like this, they can suck my dick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That happens to me quite often also, and a lot of times the drivers seem like middle aged housewives who's husbands bought them an expensive car, but don't know how to drive it properly.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
LEGEND_101 said:
I think the rating for Acura drivers is NOT all correct (more like 20% correct). Not every punk kid can afford RLs or TL-S you think? What he should state is that he refers them to mostly Integras or 1st gen CLs or like someone said "riceboys." Although I do see some Acura drivers performing stunts like mentioned, but they're mostly 40-50ish people, nicely dressed, career oriented. Not any 20ish kid with tons of gel on their heads.

And about the rating on BMW drivers I agree 110%. It's sooooo true. They can't drive worth of sht. Their aggression level should be 15+. Jus my opinion.
The majority of Acura's on the road are Integra's. Stereotypes are based on generalizations of a majority situation. So I think he's right on. There are exceptions to every rule of course, but those exceptions don't change the rule. And besides, it's easy for us to get defensive and look for these exceptions because we are Acura owners. I don't see anybody complaining much about the other stereotypes he lists ;) Overall it's pretty funny.

·
Registered
366 Posts
what about City bus drivers, truck drivers, school bus drivers, taxi drivers, and policemen. I think they deserve to be on the list rather than Acuras! Hahah funny shiet though!

·
Registered
191 Posts
pipes_0 said:
i'm not sure about the rest but they are right about the mercedes benz being asses. i remeber a couple times where mercedes tries to cut me off and i end up having to brake i hate thoes *****es just because they have a nice car don't mean that its so fast that they can cut anyone. however the epinion is probably right about how the benz drivers think they don't have equal share of the raod, oh please to the snooty old benz drivers who think like this, they can suck my dick.
What's with the freakin stereotyping going on here? I mean, this isn't racism, but it's just as stupid. BTW bro, my mom drives a benz, a nice big S-Class, and guess what... She doesn't cut people off cuz she drives a nice car. So hey, do me a favor and go suck your own dick.

-GR

P.S. I'm not personally offended by any of this, but I figure if you post something stupid, you're gonna hear about it, so you might as well hear about it from me.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
IN MY CASE, IT'S SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

tricked out (YES)
lots of gel (YES)
20 something (YES)
swerving into other lanes (YES)
sacrificed vehicle control for image (YES)

BMW's, most of them I encounter are the slowest and dumbfounded drivers ever. Switch lanes slowly without looking nor signaling because they think it's always going to be clear. But I love them. One day I'd like to become a stupid BMW driver and drive stupidly without having to think. Oh yes, mommy. Take me home, take me home.

·
Registered
507 Posts
that Acura thing is pretty **** accurate. My car is tricked out (or will be, as soon as I get the money). I'm a teen (17), I have hair gel, and every now and then I feel the urge to burn it up and show that my car has more balls than expected (I messed up my stock exhaust that way, reved to 6000, and dropped the clutch. I had to let off the pedal for fear that I would burn the tires away. Try it, you'd be surprised at how much the legends can burn out.). Yeah, and the Acura is pretty much based on Integras. MY freind has one, has it tricked out (rich *******), and he drives like he's racing every car on the road, even when there are no other cars on the road. I have another friend who owns a Mustang, and the thing is pretty true too. He loves showing his muscle, hates ricers, and spends so much time taking care of his car.

The list was dumb when it tried to claim that women drivers were better than men. Yah right. At least in the northeast, women are way worse drivers than men. Sorry to all women, but in my expirience, guys who drive aggresivly do it to show off, women do it because they don't care, or have no idea what they are doing, which IMO is worse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts